Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made of... Sucker Punch!

Woo! I am not going to review Sucker Punch as much as how I am going to rave about how much I loved it! Yesterday was me and my boyfriends 2 year anniversary, and for that special occasion we went to the IMAX in town and watched Sucker Punch - now, that might not sound very romantic to most people, but to us it's pretty much the equivilent of a cruise in the bahamas or something, because we love movies so much! And each other... of course! ;) We strolled to the cinema late afternoon to pick up our prebooked tickets - premier seating right in the middle, back row! - although there was no need, as it turns out 4:45 on a Tuesday afternoon is the perfect time to go to the cinema as there were only 6 of us in there, and me and my boyf were the only ones in the premier aisle! We did indeed feel superior! Anyway, onto Sucker Punch! Well, what can I say? It was loud! The first thing I noticed was the volume. I don't usually like loud noises and the sound of it did make me shrink back into my seat a little bit, but it totally immersed you in the film. The soundtrack throughout was brilliant. I'm going to be listening to that for a while I think. Emily Browning, who plays the lead character 'Baby Doll' sang the opening song; sweet dreams are made of this, and that has been playing in my head ever since. Google it, YouTube it, Spotify it - it's a great remix. As for the rest of the film - it was dramatic, and depressing, and exciting, and in the end I think it was really heartbreaking. All of these things hidden underneath the fast paced mental-ness of the story line. I won't ruin the story, because I didn't read up on it before we went, depsite waiting for it's release for several months, and that was part of the charm. I knew it was about a girl who was sent to a mental asylum and tries to escape with a mish mash of pals - and it all takes place in their heads etc. But it's so much more than that, and I really do recommend seeing it at the cinema if you can because it looks great on the big screen. All in all I loved the characters I was supposed to love. Hated the ones who were awful and was captivated the whole way through. Which, to me, screams great film. And I really want to watch it again as soon as I can! This has been a Sucker Punch love fest. Please let me know if you saw it and what you thought! Sam (ps. blogged still won't let me edit blog posts )

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...