Saturday 9 April 2011

Lets go back to the 80's, man!

Totes! I think the 80's should make a come back, and not just in the editorial world. sure, you see 80's tributes in magazines, and on the catwalk, but no one is gutsy enough to bring it back in 'real life'. Not even I. Although one day I will do it, I just need a few drinks first maybe? :) I was googling 80's hair and makeup, because I like inspiration. I love big hair. I try to get my hair big before I go out - not stupidly backcombed big, like those girls who don't fully comprehend WHY you backcomb hair, but big in a sense of its volume, curls and personality. Hair should have personality!




When I'm talking about 80's I'm not meaning over the top hair and makeup a la Joan Cusack.


And I'm certainly not talking Madonna 80's - which is just messy!




No folks, I'm talking styled, colourful and fab! Perfect makeup, great hair. Debbie Harry is a great inspiration:

And if we're bringing it into the here and now I really LOVE the way Drew Barrymore plays with colour and volume:



But if all else fails, forget the 80's and just go Anime extreme. Which is what I plan to do. If I could ever pull this look off! haha!



Keep on truckin'


Sam

1 comments:

Helena said...

Debbie Harry is my ultimate heroine stemming from the 80's. God, I do miss that era. Sadly, Sam, I can remember a lot first hand....aaaahhhhh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...