Monday 25 April 2011

Easter, Birthdays and the importance of discovery...

Boy!

What a weekend, eh? The weather alone has made this one amazing, however I have to say, I did have other distractions that kept me bobbing along quite happily over the past few days.

I feel it is important to say that I write to you in the middle of trying to write my 2nd to last assignment for Uni. It's a self assessment assignment and I'm not really in the mood! But alas, I figured I should take a break and blog whilst I remember, and I can honestly say this Blog every day in April has gone a little awry, I can also honestly say that writing almost every day has been a pleasure! :P

I digress, anywho. On Friday I went to a local park with one of my friends. Just for a wander and a walk. Now, I have been in this park before and drive past it a hell of a lot, but I had one of those 'What the hell?' moments, when we walked through the greens and was greeted by a HUGE expansion of grass, water, basket ball and tennis courts and all sorts of amazing-ness. I seriously couldn't believe all of this park life was on my doorstep, so to speak... OK, about 15 minutes away from it, and I never knew. I felt like I had discovered something great. My friend, on the other hand, couldn't quite grasp how I had never been there before. And I really don't know why I haven't. It just goes to show, sometimes you just don't know what good things lie on your doorstep until the sun comes out and you decide to go for an adventure!

In other news, I was supposed to go to Harrogate on Saturday with my boyfriend, but the weather said it would be thundery at some point so we gave it a miss and went to Manchester instead. I love Manchester. It's one of the best cities in the world. The buildings, the shops, the food! I would never get bored of going to town and finding new and interesting places to go. Not that I do that though. We have a bad habit of only ever hitting up the same shops. Starbucks, Magma, HMV (both on Market Street and in the Arndale centre), Fopp, Arndale food hall and Waterstones. And then either food or home... but it's the perfect day (for us) and so it was great on Saturday as the weather was beautiful. We then hit up a Nepalese restaurant for dinner, which is SO SO good and SO SO cheap!! WIN!

I guess everyone knows it was Easter this weekend but it was also my boyfriends birthday and we celebrated by eating a HUGE Easter meal and eating loads of chocolate. Diet be damned this weekend! No one should not eat chocolate on Easter. No one.

And that concludes my

holiday from my assignment. I must get back to it... really... I should...

Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...