Sunday 30 November 2008

Battle stations!

Ahoy!

Tomorrow is the start of the Christmas season. I am so unprepared for it. I haven't started to shop yet. Well, no, thats a lie. I have bought one present, which I am very proud of. My secret santa pressie for the office. I got this older guy I sit opposite. I thought it would be a struggle to purchase a gift for him, and was going to go for a mug for the office. It would have been a funny one, but then a ray of hope for a better present was, well, presented to me in the shape of a gadgets shop. You know the kind - ones filled with things that light up, and useless crap that no one actually needs, but find it hard to resit buying because of all the flashing lights. yes, I am easily swayed by the magic of the blue L.E.D... There it was, it all its (non flashing, sadly) glory, the 'Dirty old Mans Walking Stick'.

What is this, I hear you cry. Well, have a look at this >>

That's right! Its a walking stick, with a mirror on the bottom, so he can look up ladies skirts. Some might say its 'inappropriate' to give this to a colleague, but, trust me, where I work, this kind of thing is expected! If its isn't rude, or offensive, its boring!

And so, here I am, with this sitting in my room, waiting to be handed over to the man I see at work everyday, whereas my family and friends, who I see for the rest of my life (god hoping), are all present-less at this particular moment in time.


The only real chance I will have to get everyones stuff will be on my trip to York next weekend. That. Is. Going. To. Be. A. Pain.
Last year, York was jam packed with people panic buying. And now, I am going to have to be one of them. Cripes! I will never learn.
OK, OK, this is going to be the last time I mention Christmas shopping now, until Christmas actually arrives. I swear. I am sick of thinking about it, so I will no longer bring it to the forefront of ones mind.

Other than 'that' - I have been totally bored out of my mind.

I watched the beauty that was The X Factor last night. I haven't seen it since the first live show and all I can say is. NEXT.
Why oh why are these people SO bad at singing? The only good one is Alexandra, but even she annoys me because she wants it so bad. To me, that's just plain annoying. She seems like she totally thinks she has it in the bag. To be fair, she probably does, but the point is, if she doesn't get it, I think she will throw the biggest hissy fit ever known to reality TV.
It seems that the X factor crew also just discovered key changes. How many of them were there last night?

I thought it was 'Britney Week' this week (poor performance on her part, too), but looking back, it was definitely 'Can we get a key change into this song?' Week. Of course the answer was yes. In goes the key change. But it doesn't always work (see the obvious failures at it - Westlife, stand up, its your turn to shine).

The only person I can ever forgive for key changes in songs is Barry Manilow himself. And lets face it. He has to. He can't hit the notes he may have once tried to in his younger years. Although, Saying that, I would have thought he couldn't thrust himself around like in his younger years, but recent footage of him in action prove me wrong.

I am loving Evan Rachel Wood at the moment.

Not the freaky Pale faced, retro version though. The cute blonde bombshell version. I was reading an interview in a magazine and she seems like she is one of those young (21) girls, trying to fit into the mould of the mature woman. All demure and classy. I usually hate people like that. But for some reason, I just want to befriend her. It seems she thinks she can only be a lindsay lohan type, or dita von teese type, and there is no middle ground. THERE IS! I am sure of it. But I am sure she will figure it out eventually. 21 is a damn young age, and even though I am only 23 years young, there is such a huge difference between me at 21 and me at 23. I think once this girl figures it all out, she will be one to watch.

Enough of me ranting. I have to go on the treadmill. Yawn.

Sam






3 comments:

MD said...

It was only yesterday I was being moaned at for mentioning Christmas too early, and now it's December!

And I have got virtually nothing! Yikes! Help!

Closed for essential coursework by the way, it's very temporary :-)

Scumbag Sam said...

haha, i think we are in the same boat!! :P

I am glad the closure is only temporary - i just have to have my daily dose of blog rants, and with you going AWOL, its just not the same!

Gareth said...

Ah the X Factor. A staple of the Davies Household since its inception.

This year is particularly bad. However it was worth watching the Xtra Factor later to see James Cordon rip on Britney.

Also I love the DOMWS (See, I can do initials too) present. It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...