Tuesday 25 November 2008

A little less conversation, a little more action

Or.
As I recall, Less talk, more action.
I am so bored at the moment. With many a thing, and so I am spending my free time less talking, and more actioning. But not in the literal sense, as I am actually talking to myself in a sing song kind of way, and the action front? Aint happening so much. I plan to go on the treadmill for about 30 mins later though... what? What kind of action did you think I meant? (*Insert simpathy here*).



As I was sat at my desk today, inbetween dealing with the shakes, and then the hot flushes, I noticed that I was in total fact -Bored. I am bored of my clothes. (not bored of my hair though, come on... £100 worth of it, I have to love it for about 5 months!). Bored of my room at home (Need. Own. Place), and bored of life in general. Well, no, not life. Thats a sad thing to say. "I'm bored of life". What do you do when you get bored of life? I mean.. LIFE! gaw, I don't think THAT could ever happen.



Where was I? Oh lordy, I am a bit delusional today. OK. So, Bored of work and sh1t like that. And so of course the only option is to... SHAKE IT UP BABY! I am gonna look at places to go next year for an adventure with whichever friends I can drag along with me. I no do things alone! That be scary!



America is always first and foremost in my mind when wanting to go anywhere as I had a brilliant few months there last year. I kinda was thinking of going back, but now, after emailing conversations with friends at work (doing the actual work is so overrated!), Canada is looking more and more appealing! I mean, Look at that! >>


£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
But I have to save. Which I do do well, but what with Christmas looking to be expensivo, and then the new year, and I want to buy a whole new wardrobe for my new not bored self. Curses. Yes, I know. Everyone is strapped for cash. But I just wanted to bitch about it here, because I can't bitch about it to friends as they all have less money than me as they are studenty types, or own houses or have kids. So I know I have no right to moan to them. So I don't. Have you ever complained to a mother about having no money? (mothers; don't answer this). Its an offence punishable by death! (Mothers; laugh here, and agree!).

I am going to backtrack and talk about the illness that seems to be sweeping across the Cheshire plains at the moment. The Flu. I had the flu jab. So why do I feel shaky and then hot? I had a hot flush this afternoon and even my forearms went red. I have also got the slightly delirious thing going on. Only a bit. But enough to have made me say to myself loudly at work 'Oh god, I hope i don't have meningitis'. 3 people turned around and looked at me like I was a. Insane b. Contagious and c. exciting. (the 3rd person is highly excitable.)




So that's what I learned today!! Don't announce to an air circulated building that you think you might have a contagious disease. It won't go down well.




My hands are cold. I feel this was a very off the wall blog. I don't know what I just uncovered within myself. But it seems I am going away next year, and I said I wanted to go to Canada? Did I say that? (checks...), Yep. So... flights to Canada.
Stay snappy,
Sam


Chap stick, Chap stick, Chap stick. I love it. **Strawberry** flavoured. I got 2 new lip balms and out of the 2 (other one is khiels), the chap stick is by far the best! And at only £1 something, what a bargain!!


6 comments:

MD said...

you may be bored, but your post makes me very envious.

MD said...

ps sorry, I missed the mothers don't answer bit. I shall punish myself by death.

Christian H said...

Aye, you should come to Canada.

Places you might care to check out:

1) Drumheller - dinosaur capital of the world, with beautiful badlands and canyons; also, nice prairie, but the best for that is, in my opinion, around Winnipeg
2) Jasper or Banff - in the Rockies, and beautiful (I think your pictures comes from that region)
3) Quebec City - beautiful old buildings, excellent cultural stuff (food!), and the St. Lawrence...
4) Stratford - Festival Theatre; I suppose you have access to the Globe, though, so the theatres here might have less appeal
5) Maritimes, I suppose, but I've never been; I always wanted to go to L'Anse aux Meadows (a Viking settlement--first European contact to North America)
6) I've also heard BC is beautiful, and it's one of our mildest areas in the winter

Hope I've been helpful!
3)

Scumbag Sam said...

oooh good form - you have both given me things to think about... places to see in canada, AND how to punish MD - although now I am thinking about it, Death might be a bit harsh! teehee!

Kait said...

I camped out in Canada for two nights.
It was cold & rainy, but fun.
[& I'm sure you're used to cold & rainy].

Scumbag Sam said...

YES! totally used to that kinda weather! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...