Saturday 8 November 2008

Hi, my name is Sam, and I am addicted...

Wait.
... Addicted to lipbalm.
I can't help it, and I can't stop. I have to use lipbalm every single day, sometimes only twice, other times, like today, 30 - 50 times. Its a problem, I know. And I brought it on myself, because I know that if I didn't use lipbalm all the time, I probably wouldn't need it. But if I stop now... my lips might fall off. I am sure of it. I can't ever get back to the point of not needed it, because I would have to go without it for too long and I would eventually strangle someone else to get at theirs and then go to jail. Sure, I could have bought more, but what fun is that in this strange and mental fantasy (is this a fantasy?? no. perhaps not...) that I have going on.
Aparently not many other people I know have this addiction. Its in my blood. I know my Auntie is the same, and I remember that throughout my entire childhood, when I saw her, she was always reaching for her Nivea face cream, which she would rub on her lips.
Me and my sisters are the same. It has stayed with the family. We all have our lipbalms. I usually have 2 with me wherever I go. And there are countless others knocking around in my bedroom, the bathroom, and my sisters' rooms. Vaseline, carmex, blistex, Burts Bees, Keihls (can't spell)... the list goes on. Even now, I need it. When I talk about it. When other people talk about it. It makes me want it.
Friends and colleagues, alike, have noticed. They find it amusing. Especially when they mention the word, or use their own, just to see me, unknowingly, subconsciously, reach for my own and lather it on, like my life depended on it. The excess gets rubbed onto the back of my hands (a trait picked up from my older sister). As a result, my hands are amazingly soft.... result.
Drawbacks? Money spent on lipbalms. Thirsy lips. The fear that if I am so addicted to something so unaddictive, then I must surely never try smoking (not that I would want to), or drugs (again, I never wanted to...). As. I. Might. Become. Addicted.
I am also addicted to coffee, but thats not quite so bad, right?
Please put me out of my misery (no, no... put the gun down!!), and tell me that you like lipbalms too...
Sam.
Ps. if anyone feels sorry for me, and has access to Skittles lipbalms. send them my way. I need them. :)

2 comments:

MD said...

I like lipbalms too, every jacket has one in it, every bag has one in it, there's ones in the car, in drawers, in the bathroom, next to the bed. You're ok, I'm pretty sure I out-addict you.

Best ever lipbalm (and I'm pretty sure I've tried every single one) is Bourjois baume de nuit or something. Amazing, although I just tried to find it and noone else thinks so. Ah well.

Readers always very welcome by the way, especially ones with veggie tips :-)

Not literally, don't send asparagus spears.

Kait said...

Ah, lipbalm.
I definitely understand this.

I'm pretty much addicted too,
but only to a certain brand.
Soft Lips.
It's the best stuff ever.
It's not greasy and shiny[like
Carmex, yuck] & it's not thick
and sticky[like Chapstick].
It's so good.

The only other brand that has
come close is Alba.
It's a all natural coconut balm,
very nice.

We sell the Skittles brand at my
store[I find it gross, but to each his own].

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...