Saturday 11 October 2008

Writing for dumb dumbs.

*SIGH*
I am sleepy and I have done nothing all day. I am in such a writing mood at the moment.. and reading. I started New Moon last night... have almost finished it, so I had to stop reading it this morning and have been twiddling my thumbs procrastinating so I can make the book last longer! Basically, I have just listened to music all day and played on my guitar until my fingers hurt! :) Fun.
But as I AM in the mood to write, I was looking at some of my old stuff, which i kept (I don't usually keep a lot of things I write). But this one I did keep I quite like, as I woke up in the middle of the night a while ago and had to write my thoughts down. I don't know where it came from and I am sure its not good in any literary sense - but I kinda wanted to just put it out there anyway! so here it is... The War.

The moon smiled at me tonight,
and one of its star like eyes winked at me solemly,
as if knowingly,
memories of my dream-like state fully intact in their own memories,
unlike mine, which ebb away like the tide,
the tide controlled by the moon,
is it stealing me away,
my thoughts?
As I try to cling to these lives I have lived,
the lives that lasted a lifetime,
but in the eyes of the stars just mere seconds,
I recall the feelings, and I develop them,
like old pictures, faded and smiling, out of frames.
Smiling like the moon.
I fear I may never feel those feelings again,
and as the stars and the moon and the sky suck at them with their vastness,
I cry.
Am I fated to be like those before?
The dreams that lasted forever, but were gone in one instance,
only to be forgotten by me when the next one took its place,
the next night.
The new dream.
The old feelings, here, but more.
Are they more? Or the same? Either way, even I forgot what I tried to remember,
but the war rages on,
Me and the Moon, and the stars.
The war goes on,
like my dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kait said...

I love "New Moon".
It's my favorite of the
series, but that's because I'm
a Jacob lover.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...