Friday 3 October 2008

FRIDAAAY!

Humph!
Is it just me, or has this week gone really fast?! Its mental, but alas, I am not complaining, as I am off to Paris on Monday, after my short stay in London for some Salsa dancing and cocktails with some folk! I am hoping that my insane fear of heights won't stop me from reaching the top of the Eiffel Tower... I am sure it won't.. I hope it won't... eek!
Still, Going to Paris is helping me complete a life goal. And I don't just mean a personal life goal, because I don't really have any of those at the moment. Note to self - set yourself some targets girl!!
Paris in general, is one of the places everyone says you 'must see before you die' - so I guess I am fulfilling what everyone is told to do. Its so stupid, if you have ever read one of those Top Places to do before you die books. It lists just about everywhere that it can think of, and so is telling the general masses to travel around the world over and over again until you have set foot on every continent, in every city, walked down every beach and seen every canyon. Psh! I am sure not everyone wants to do that, and the people that do are so busy with regular day to day stuff, like trying to live in this credit crunch world that they don't have time to do it and can't afford it! I don't know why I am ranting about that, but whilst I am talking about it...
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MONEY!?!
The value of money used to be simple. Each country had a certain amount of money based on their gold reserves... how much shiny stuff was in the ground. But now, its not so much, since its the loaning culture these days, people spend what they dont have, borrow; pay it back when they have borrowed more from somewhere else, and so I ask. In all of this confusion... what is the actual value of money these days? nothing. squat. zip.
The country is in debt. Is it? I wouldnt know, as I have never borrowed money - but apparently I must be in debt because the UK has no money and banks are falling under. I am so confused. I don't understand the current culture, or this civilisation. I just don't. MONEY MONEY MONEY. We might as well all just start printing our own, its got as much worth and value as regular money anyway I bet. again, this is nothing.
Honestly, I am at a loss with every country at the moment - wars, money, drugs and knife crime. Why don't people just get on with what they want to do? A perfect world.
A girl can dream...
Pictures of Paris coming soon.
Sam

1 comments:

Kait said...

Paris? I'm absolutely
jealous.

I hope you have an amazing
time. & don't let your fear
of heights stop you from getting
to the top, you'll probably regret
it.

Money sucks, plain & simple.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...