Sunday 19 October 2008

Its ALMOST halloween.

Yes.
There is still a ridiculously child like side to me (which I am grateful for), that gets giddily excited about the impending October the 31st celebrations. Each year I await its arrival, only to greet it with a bit fat nothingness of celebrations. I love it, though I don't often do anything fun or different on that night.
I want to this year, and have already started to tell people that we are going out. Even if its just to the local pub, everyone is to get dressed up! Mandatory is not a strong enough word to use. I am thanking my lucky *stars* that Halloween is on a Friday this year!! I am definitely in the mood to tear it up. WOO! (or should I say 'Boo'?)
Without wanting to do the boring dressing up thing, I have gone for the oh-so original 'vampire' look. It actually makes me laugh. Everyone thinks that vampire is boring. "Everyone does the Vampire thing". Well. I actually can't remember the last time I saw someone dressed up like a vampire at Halloween, so I am going with it. Cue black contact lenses (I fear for my life knowing I am going to have to attempt to put those bad boys in!), pale skin (not hard to manage, I am the palest person I know), darkened skin under eyes, sunken cheeks and, if I can manage it, some pretty realistic looking teeth. I hope the outcome is quite scary. I am not one to go for the 'sexy' look, when I can go for frightening instead!! Now all I have to think about is my outfit. But I am sure that won't be a problem.
Now some interesting fact from our sponsor - Halloween.
October 31 is the 304th day of the year (305th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 61 days remaining until the end of the year.
This day is internationally known as Halloween, also known as All Hallow's Eve.
Halloween, or Hallowe’en, is a holiday celebrated on the night of October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, visiting "haunted houses", carving Jack-o'-lanterns, reading scary stories and watching horror movies. Irish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America in the nineteenth century. Other western countries embraced the holiday in the late twentieth century. Halloween is celebrated in several countries of the Western world, most commonly in the United States, Canada, Ireland, Puerto Rico, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom and occasionally in parts of Australia. In Sweden the All Saints' official holiday takes place on the first Saturday of November.
Now that that's over with (I was of course paid by Mr. Halloween himself to insert those facts and figures into my blog), I can continue.
If you are reading this, what do you plan to dress up as for All Hallows Eve? and do you have any fun stories from past celebrations??
Loving and Leaving.
Sam

4 comments:

Gareth said...

"I'm like a dog that chases a car. I wouldn't know what to do with one, even if I caught it."

I've been thinking of going as Heath Ledger's Joker, but I'm stuttering at two points. One, is it too soon considering what happened to Heath? Secondly I'd have to dye my hair green which I'm definitely unsure of.

Favourite Halloween story? Hitting a club with two of my friends, one dressed as the Devil, one dressed as Jesus, and watching them stand at the opposite ends of the dance floor all night shouting "I'll have you!" and shaking their fists at each other, much to the amusement of all around them.

Good times, good times.

Unknown said...

it's really almost halloween - here in brazil that's not a popular party, but in english schools and some colleges always happen good halloween parties!

Happy Halloween for you!


trick or treat?!!!!


www.periclesvc2008.blogspot.com

Kait said...

This is my favorite holiday!

I'm Pagan[time to come out of the broom closet], so I refer to it as
Samhain.

Basically, all I do is celebrate death and pay respects to people who have passed.

But, I am a party lover, so I've been known to dress up.

Last year I had a Halloween themed
birthday party[it's the 21st, lucky me!] & everyone HAD to dress up.
This year I'm going to a huge party
on the Saturday after.
Though, I'm not sure what to dress up as yet.

I have barely ever seen anyone dressed as a vampire, so that's a
great idea.

I'm sure there will be plenty of
Cullen's here trick-or-treating.

Stipey Sullivan said...

I will be going as a serial killer like every year. Y'know, just normal clothes and an axe hidden under my anorak. Some masking tape in my pocket. And a cast iron alibi.

"No, officer, I know nothing about it. I was at a party. Loads of people saw me. I was dressed as a ghost with a big white sheet over my head."

See. Much more scary than a *vampire* suit....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...