Wednesday 6 October 2010

Part-time working is the new black!

Well...
I have the luxury of now working part time. Yeah, so part time wage - boo to that, but I really have decided in all my 3 days of being part time, that it's totally worth it, just for the feel good factor!
I start as I mean to go on, which is study in the morning/ afternoon, and finish with a burst of exercise, with the energy I have saved NOT being at work. And so far, in all my 3 days of being part time, its working well and I'm feeling good!
Usually when I get home from work, I am all tired and in such a crappy mood I don't want to do anything apart from curl up in front of a good movie and just chill out, but on Monday I was so full of energy from not being at work, that when Tuesday came around I was super productive and did SO much work, even doing half an hour extra overtime (which I won't get paid for so have to steal those 30 minutes back tomorrow). I was off again today, doing some reading (see below for my musings on my study), and again, I thoroughly enjoyed my day (even though it was mostly interrupted by the builders working at my house who should be gone in a week or two); working in the morning and early afternoon and then working out in the late afternoon and spent some quality time with my pops! (Watching the new series of stargate universe - which I am still not sold on, but can't deny the soundtrack is amazing!).
So - my studies are so far going well. I was a little scared at first, but so far so good. Although I do seem to be a few days ahead of where I should be, but that is sure to even itself out later on in the weeks I'm sure!
I was learning all about Cleopatra today, and about how her reputation shaped her rise and fall and how Roman propaganda still makes up the majority of her reputation to this day!
Seriously, I don't know how I didn't know more about her and the whole Julius Caesar/ Mark Anthony/ Octavian triangle, or about how she was actually a descendant of a Macedonian general! Crazy! She also wasn't the only Egyptian Queen called Cleopatra, but she was certainly the last. I am loving the new knowledge - and will be writing up a mock assignment on what I have learnt next week - which I may post on here just for fun.
Well, back to work tomorrow and Friday.
I pose a question to you (which I doubt anyone will read/ answer) - how much do you know about Cleopatra? When you think of her, what are your first thoughts?
Sam
ps. On a side note I am currently reading 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green and it's brilliant!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...