Wednesday 13 October 2010

Oh how the cold creeps in!

Brrr.
It's getting very cold. I noticed this last night, as I drove home from the cinema , and had to direct the car through a HUGE patch of fog, and I believe it must have been freezing fog, as it is all of a sudden stupidly cold outside. Although its a nice kind of cold so its OK -as blue sky and cold is bearable, grey sky and cold is torture!
You might think I'm sat inside, so what's the beef? Just put your heating on and shut up, but unfortunately we can not 'just put the heating on' as we have builders in at the moment, and the house has been pretty much open to the elements for the past 6 weeks. Which is a bit of a kick in the shins. But they should be finished soon. I say this, but I am pretty sure they are 4 weeks outside of schedule so who knows how long it will actually take. My mother joked that the people who were trapped in that mine would be out before this extension was finished. Lo and behold - she was correct! Joy!
Speaking of things in the news (see how I did that? the linking of the miners being in the news? it was subtle... leave me alone!), it looks like no one has claimed the £113 million jackpot in the Euro millions. Shame that, as I was sure I must have won it, I really did feel like a millionaire at the weekend. You know when you just have a feeling about something. We play the lottery at work when its a big jackpot like that, and I thought maybe my team of 10 people had won, and we would split the money and live happily ever after (not together in a big house though, no one but me liked that idea!), but it turns out we didn't. Not to worry though, we have entered the lottery for the £10 mil jackpot so fingers crossed! You never know, I mean... I could win! I just want to buy a house, is that so much to ask of the universe? Take my boyfriend away from the horror that is his house, and go and live somewhere nice together and, again, live happily ever after (for a short while, until we become bored of not working and decide we have to go back to reality...). We will see I suppose!
Time for me to do some quick reading - I have pretty much finished my Cleopatra reading, so just going to skim it again for fun, we are starting to read Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus next week.. which I know nothing about so that should be interesting!
Final thoughts - if I win the lottery I will have to change my blog name to Life of Scumillionaire!
If I ever find anything to eat in this goddamn house I will be able to make some lunch. So far, looks like I'm not eating until dinner.
Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...