Wednesday 27 October 2010

My Secret Life

Well.

I was inspired to write this after reading THIS blog. She is someone I follow on YouTube and twitter, and Blogger - obviously. I don't know why, but I took to her immediately on YouTube when I first saw one of her video's and have followed ever since.

Anyway, I digress, she wrote a blog about how in the real world people are not open to the Internet culture - things such as YouTube, Twitter and blogging are insane in some people's minds. And I am no different. Although I partake in this Internet culture I do frown upon it sometimes.

I am a secret (shhhhh don't tell anyone!) blogger. There, I said it. Only a few people who I know in real life know I blog. And the reason is kind of two fold. One, people really don't get it. If you tell them you blog or use twitter etc. they can't grasp WHY.

Two. I don't really get it. I blog, but for reason's unknown. And if I were to tell people, they would want to know what I blog about... which is nothing. I just write nonsense. And then people think you are self involved. But I'm not. (I hope).

It's a strange secret, but I am so far into blogging (I think its been 2 years), that to come clean now would be to admit to people I have lied, because I have had discussions in the past and said its something I don't get... and I wouldn't do it... but I do... because to admit it would be...shameful? I don't know... It's just never been something I wanted to share. My boyfriend doesn't even know - and thank God, I say, because he thinks I don't shut up enough in 'real' life, so I imagine he would frown upon my constant virtual blabbings.

So here I am, in my secret life! Great!!! Although I do live in fear of people finding out. I have nothing to hide, but still... it's kind of nice to have a little place of my own out here....

Sam

2 comments:

MD said...

I've found that if people find out I blog they feel betrayed a bit on two counts. 1) that you've spent time doing it, and 2) that you didn't tell them immediately.
Then you know they read it and get all self conscious so you have nothing to say.

My advice: keep it secret :-)

Secret word: unflaber. I like.

Helena said...

You couldn't have put it better, Sam. Some folk just DON'T understand.

Blogger is my both my guilty and open pleasure. There are some who don't know about it and only a few 'real' ones who give a shit that I do.

There are addictive blogs here...but then again I sometimes question the whole 'internut' itself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...