Wednesday 31 October 2012

Writing time is here again!

Just when I finish my 2nd essay in 2 weeks and think I'm going to have a nice relaxing month, I remember that tomorrow is November, and if you know me... and read any of my posts from the past year.... you'll know that can only mean one thing. NaNoWriMo is upon us again.

Last year I won and completed a 50000 word novel in a month - a story I love so much I'm still working on in hopes that one day, when I've tweaked it enough I'll somehow be able to convince an agent and publisher to help me get it out there! This year I've decided (literally, just now) that tomorrow I'm going to start working on a sci-fi I'd originally intended to write as a screen play for a short film. I kind of like the idea so much, and it's already played out in my head AND I've kind of planned and plotted most of it (always a bonus when writing), that I have decided I might as well give it a whirl and try it out as a novel.

Now, I did have many ideas to chose from, as I don't really lack in writing material, but I've never fully committed to a sci-fi before, despite my love of them - and this is kind of a sci-fi, young adult, romantic kind of thing, but I think it will be fun. You can see the synopsis here if you wish!

The only problem will be fitting it into my life. I'm still trying to read Little Women, which is my uni work for this week and next week, so hopefully I can get everything done, as I don't want to fall behind in any of my work, so fingers crossed! Wish me luck, and if you are doing it good luck to you!

If you aren't doing it - why not give it a go? Writing a bit every day is actually really great for getting the creative juices flowing and even if you produce utter crap (like I'm sure I do), who cares? You will have at least managed to write a novel length piece of work - 1 to cross off the bucket list!

Sam
x

2 comments:

Miss Asia said...

:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Helena said...

Hope it's going well, Sam! You're an inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...