Wednesday 17 October 2012

Trust me, it's cheaper on the Internet.

I am one of those people who shops on the internet a lot. I have talked about this before. I LOVE the Internet, but I feel bad that I could possibly be doing damage to shops by not going to buy products from them.

However, today I realised that maybe they don't want me to shop in them. I bought a laptop a few years ago and was happy to find the price in the shop was cheaper than on the website... apparently this isn't something that most shops do!

My parents went to buy a tumble dryer this weekend. They saw a price on a website and went in store to buy the product. The dryer was more expensive in the shop and when they asked if the shop would match the internet price they said no. No they wouldn't match the price of their own product. I find this insane.

Later that weekend my mum went to the post office to change some money. She'd looked at the exchange rate on their website but it was more expensive to change the money in the actual post office. They wouldn't match their internet price.

Again, when my parents went to actually book their holiday the website price was cheaper, and the agents they used said they couldn't match their internet price.

What is this mentality? The internet is cheaper, yes, we know... but WHY would a shop NOT match their very own internet price? It seems like backwards business to me!

The mind boggles!

1 comments:

Miss Asia said...

Well, the main aim of any company really is to make profit. What I think is that they sort of 'feed' on the relatively big amount of people who are too intimidated by the idea of online shopping to try it.

I understand it can get on one's nerves though ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...