Wednesday 24 October 2012

The obligatory procrastination blog

I am writing my first essay of the year. It's only 2000 words and I'm... struggling. To say the least. The subject is children's literature and the question is Is there a clear divide between books for children and books for adults and I have no problem answering this question, and yet, when I'm trying to write it down it makes little to no sense. I've been working on it all day and all of yesterday and it's due in tomorrow and I'm just not getting anywhere.
So what do you do when you can't write an essay? You write a blog post.

At the moment my house is a mess. I live at home with my ma and pa and they are on holiday and I hate that when this happens I realise how much my mum actually does around here. I also hate that it really emphasises my undeniable usage of pretty much every plate, bowl and cup in the house. The kitchen is like a bomb site... I really need to get in there and clean but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've also not been feeling great this week because someone at work gave me a cold - I don't often get colds and I've been kind of OK but my tonsils always take a beating when I'm run down so I'm trying to NOT get tonsillitis... it's going ok but there are some suspect ulcer looking things at the back of my throat which I'm choosing to believe are NOT infected with anything other than regular cold germs. Sorry for that gross image!

So, my essay... I'll get back to it in a second. I'm just trying to figure out how to segway into my next paragraph. I always find that difficult, does anyone else? Just me? Humph.

Sam
x

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...