Thursday 8 September 2011

Autumn - here again! AT LAST!

It's no secret that I love autumn. I love everything about it, even the chilly nights, the rain. What's not to like? The leaves all change colour and everything feels cosy!

It's funny how you associate certain things with certain times of the year. I always feel extra autumn-y when I listen to certain albums, or read certain books, watch certain films. It's hard to describe and it might sound cheesy, but I always feel like autumn feels like falling in love. Cheesy - ergh. I know, I can't help it. It was autumn time when my and my boyfriend said the 3 words we now repeat to each other a million times a day (because you should always say it, whenever you can!). When I read certain books it was autumn, and I fell in love with the character (which I often do). I don't know, call me a secret romantic, but the autumn months make me feel all warm inside. Just don't tell anyone because I like to pretend I'm a horrible grinch and if this got out my rep would be shattered!

I'm currently listening to an album, which made me want to write this blog. Vanessa Carlton, Heroes and Thieves. Something about the tinkling piano and strings and husky voice. Ahhh.

I was also running through some old photos from last Christmas and the cold looking days made me really crave wrapping up against the elements. Yes. I need to purchase some new scarves, jackets and gloves. I'm fine for hats because I got this cute hat the other day from Tesco's and I'm going to wear the life out of it;


Yes, the 'cat' pose was necessary - although I feel I look more like a mouse.

Speaking of photos - I finally updated my Flickr. It's taken me all year. Have a peak if you wish HERE

What reminds you of autumn... or makes you feel all wintry?

Sam

ps.

Autumn pictures to inspire you all! :D

Tumblr_lr7l3xiv9h1qii5zjo1_500_large
Tumblr_lr2u5fltgc1r2fv7zo1_500_large
Tumblr_lqovo7a2hw1qb2fmwo1_500_large

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love autumn. I can finally start wearing my sweaters again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...