Thursday 11 December 2008

Christmas Parties = Cringe

NO!
Tomorrow is my work Christmas Party.
UHOH!

My work Christmas 'DO' is something we all look forward to. And something we all regret the next day.
Too many drinks drank, too many people groped openly, too many fights, and too many kisses under the mistletoe often lead to people being highly embarrassed for the whole of the next year. A guy last year even got fired just after the Christmas party because of what he did!... and 2 people got caught doing something very naughty on the buffet table...
That pretty much sums up where I work!
This year, I am kind of dreading it. I don't usually do the embarrassing stuff, and I don't really feel like drinking too much (not that I need a drink in me to have fun!), but I am dreading it for everyone else I work for! Ha. Especially my manager, who tends to get herself in quite a bit of trouble.

I love having a laugh, and a good time, but there is always a point where really drunk people annoy me... Unless I am the really drunk person! Ah well, I will just have to watch and see what goes down. It should be fun anyway!

Speaking of the Christmas season (no, I am not going to talk about the taboo Oppingshay!), We gave our secret Santa gifts at work. The guy I bought for, loved his gift. And I mean LOVED it. He was walking around with this 'Dirty old man' Walking stick ALL day. It was brilliant.>> Until it got annoying<<. teehee. As for MY present, which is of course the MOST important thing. I got a Spinning top that never stops spinning and a Where's Wally (aka Waldo for you Americans)
Book. ;)


The person that got me knew me SO well. It was amazing! I spent a good while searching for Wally after I got it. People wouldn't play with me though, because I "found him too quickly". What can I say?? I excel in finding him! Although I always find the girl first, is she called Wanda? and the Wizard is always fun to find, and the dogs tail! Its just amazing! So simple, yet so fun!


I am going to wrap this up now. But I need to get something that's been annoying me off my chest. I have told anyone who would listen about this. I got a verbal warning at work yesterday. For too many emails sent. I was flagged, and I.T had to check my computer out and I have been "abusing my emails". I apologised to Outlook, and explained that I thought it knew that's what my intentions were when I used it. Sending emails. It was honest, and I thought, nobel. But it felt like I tormented it excessively, so... I was told to cut down. I had sent 100+ emails to a guy I work with in the span of a month... he sits about 6 meters away from me. What can I say? we get bored. Also, I type quite fast. So I am not wasting time when I send emails, plus, I do MASSIVE amounts of work. I would love it if they checked out my productivity. I shouldn't be put down because I can multitask! Should I? Surely there are loopholes?!! Circumstances that mean I shouldn't have to get 'a mark on my record' ... Not that I care about that, because I am not a lifer, I am leaving next year and its all completely foreign to me that you COULD actually get told off for emailing people too much... its just strange.


So lets get this straight. At my company you can get in trouble for too many emails, and fired for something you do on a night OUT of work... but its OK for other people to have 'relations' in public, at the same place the fight happened on said night out.... I am confused about the way people operate. There is no logic at all! NONE!

Ah, well. I am just going to let it drop now.


I shall leave you with a picture of me, after I was particularly bored at home, so decided to do alien like makeup...


Sam

3 comments:

MD said...

I'm jealous. I LONG for an office Christmas do. And an office. And stupid rules to complain about.

That wasn't the point. I'd better away and rant in my own corner. My beads will be cooked anyway.

Nice pic btw. I may have to kill you.

Gareth said...

Firstly, that's an amazing photo. Seriously, it's a great look for you.

Secondly, for all the above mentioned reasons I've always avoided work do's like the plague. Other people's work do's on the other hand are fair game. Seriously try gate crashing one where you don't know anybody, get horrendously trashed and then leave, while everyone whispers about how that "girl from accounts" is going to regret it in the morning. Hours of fun.

Or, you know, perhaps not.

Christian H said...

So? How'd it go?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...