Sunday 7 December 2008

Truths are out there

OK!
So I have stolen this from one of the blogs I watch - The English Clergyman - But still. I thought it was a good idea, and what is the world without good ideas that spread like Peanut butter on toast? Exactly!


And so I am brought to the topic at hand. Here are a list of truths I have come to grasp in my time on this Earth.
  • Home Alone always makes you laugh.
  • Home Alone can be watched at any time in the year, but feels SO much more **magical** in December (this is also true of any of the first 3 Harry Potter films).
  • Ideas are worth having, and are what make the world go round.
  • Believing is seeing.
  • Trying to chop up a swede (the vegetable, not a swedish person), is increasingly hard to do, and you can cut your thumb... twice. OUCHIE!
  • Sometimes you can be so cold, you feel hot.
  • Missing people you only met a couple of times is possible.
  • Some things aren't meant to last.
  • Some chances are worth taking, but some aren't. Its up to you to decide whether you are willing to try things - it is NOT up to other people.
  • Life is hard (Not original, but a truth!)
  • Decisions are hard to make.
  • Its easy to learn these truths, and easy to sound wise, but using these truths, and being wise are not easy.
  • Being in bed is the most comfortable place I can think of.
  • People will be less inclined to shout or complain at you if you speak calmly and are sincere in your apologies.
  • You shouldn't have to apologise for being late unless your lateness resulted in a fatal accident.
  • You should always apply undercoat to your nails before nail varnish. it DOES make it last longer.
  • Friends are worth their weight in gold.
  • Cauliflower and Broccoli are some of the weirdest vegetables ever.
  • Cauliflower cheese gives a lot of people tummy ache.
  • Pocket watches will never go out of style.
  • Mustang cars are sex on wheels
  • Its never uncool to refer to something as 'sex on wheels'. Unless it doesn't have wheels.

I will probably think of more truths later, and I had more in mind before I wrote this, but these are the ones off the top of my head. :)



Sam

3 comments:

MD said...

Mostly true, but cauliflower is marvellous, and the most comfortable place on earth is seated on a train with a giant teddy bear for a pillow.

I shall think on some truths and copy dutifully.

Gareth said...

"Its never uncool to refer to something as 'sex on wheels'. Unless it doesn't have wheels."

That made me laugh so loudly I scared the Guinea Pigs. Kudos Sam. Kudos.

Also, thank you for the kind comments. And if you do head out to Bray Road, remember to take me with you.

Christian H said...

Fan: "what is the world without good ideas that spread like Peanut butter on toast?"

Particularly still-hot toast. Eating it is messy, though, since the peanut butter can drip when warm.

Your truths were certainly more fun...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...