Sunday 14 December 2008

T'was the night of the Party

And...

All through the bar, not a creature was stirring, it all went too far...




Christmas party is over and done with. I probably still feeling the effects from it too. Well, my feet still hurt from dancing, but I can't blame the tiredness on it. I did go out again last night too, so.... oops.




My work Christmas party was everything I expected it to be. Messy! But fun too. Don't get me wrong! I definitely decided that getting drunk is not something I want to do for a looooong while now, anyway.
Tipsy = fun.
Drunk = not

Me and a few of my colleagues went for drinks before we went to the actual party. Genius idea, I know. And I had a couple before I left the house. But the first bar was fun, its a place my brother works, so we get cheap drinks from the bar guys. Connections, you know! 4 shots for £6 when they were about £2.50 each. Niiiiiiiice. That bar is always full of wannabes though, and gets slightly annoying. People like to be 'spotted' there. Snore AND yawn. Don't people have more to do than stand in a bar, waiting for someone to point and go 'ooooh, look who that is!!'??? Well, we won't get into that now. It annoys me to an extreme extent though.

One of these people just so happened to be one of those damned ridiculous Cheeky Girls. Humph. Ruining my night, I am sure all eyes had been on me prior to her entrance! pft. ;)


We left that bar to trek onto the main party. Side note: 4 grown women, and 1 almost grown lad in a mini cooper is not a recipe for fun, but a recipe for 'ouchies' with a light dusting of 'sh!t, I think I just broke my back'... Don't ever attempt it unless you are capable of defying gravity and sitting on windows or ceilings is the norm.

The main party was half in full swing. And then, of course, I arrived and everything was more fun! (I have to tell myself these things, it makes me feel better!). We had a few 'free drink' vouchers as it was all prearranged and prepaid for, for the majority. But to be quite honest, I didn't spend a thing that night, but ended up having more shots than I care to remember.

There was dancing, unflattering photos taken but most importantly, I didn't make a fool out of myself. Oh no. It was my manager. Again! The only thing I have to be ashamed of is the fact that I had to leave at about 12:30. But I don't even care - as my ride was sober (thankfully) and I was drunk enough to leave the party knowing I still had my dignity in tact. If I had stayed I know I would have lost that somewhere by morning!

My manager is a mother of 2, who doesn't get out much. When she drinks, she goes for it. Little shadow of a woman. She is short and slim, and alcohol seems to take her body captive and make her its bitch. She fell off a chair, attempted to break dance, by getting on the floor and spinning on her back. There was all sorts. It was brilliant!

Still, major drinking session - still drunk the next day. The taboo X-mas shopping was done in the afternoon followed by another night out with some friends. I had decided not to drink.. but, hair of the dog. It really does take the edge off! All in all it was a knackering weekend.

The question on everyones' lips last night was 'whatever happened to Alan Parrish'? I found him this afternoon though, so it was all good.

I would love it if at least ONE person who reads this knows what I am going on about!! haha.

Keep it snappy

Sam
**Random question of the day : if you had to be reincarnated, what would you come back as?**

7 comments:

Christian H said...

You know, 'student' wouldn't be my first choice right now.

An armadillo maybe. Or a manatee. Or a puppy. I could go for puppy, so long as I got a decent home.

Scumbag Sam said...

OOh no,not a manatee, they get hit by boats! argh!

A puppy would be good... cute!!
I am not sure what I would come back as.. I was thinking maybe an elemental spirit..... haha

MD said...

I would be a cat. A apoilt cat belonging to a mad cat lady who would cook me bits of fish and let me have my own chair. Periodically I'd kill birds, just because I could, and then stretch out and just relax a bit more.

I'd be a nice personable cat and curl round my owner's shoulders and purr around her legs when she got home from buying me fish.

My name would be Culcur which is the word verification.

Christian H said...

I would like to be a safe and happy manatee. Other than boats and drained lagoons, they lead slow-paced lives. It would be very peaceful.

Also, if you do get hit by a boat, but not so bad you're killed, you get to live in a shelter where they feed you carrots all day.

Stipey Sullivan said...

easy peasy pudding and pie

A dolphin. So i could make dolphin noises. tttttttttrrrrrrr.

And be very clever and have a laugh. and jump through hoops, but only if i wanted to. while secretly taking the piss out of idiot humans that kept feeding me fish. Ttttttrrrrr - I would say to my dolphin buddies.

I would be called Mathridn

Stipey Sullivan said...

p.s. I tried to breakdance at an office party. and I can't breakdance. I just sort of lay on my back. and did a dying fly. it was pitiful. and people were pitiless. they did not forget. but that's fine.

Scumbag Sam said...

Loving your work Doughboy - loving it. haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...