Monday 31 October 2011

The much awaited halloween post!

Hello folks!
I hope this blog finds you in good spirits. I have many a thing to mention tonight (on this lovely halloween eve... currently 2:08am, and I'm just sat watching Scrubs... spooky!), which I'll probably forget as I go on, so bare with me!

Firstly, well done to fellow blogger Gee - see his blog here - he won best writer of blogs in the Welsh Blogging awards, or something equally as amazing (It's late and opening a new window to find the exact title seems like hard work), and I must say it's well deserved. His blog is pretty darn cool, maaan!

In other news I've already forgotten what I was going to say. Silly me.. let's see... I started a new website with my fella - it's a mixed media kind of thing, where we're just posting funny little articles, pictures we find on the web, and video's from youtube etc. It's a work in progress, but have a look, and suggest things you think would be cool!

It can be found here.

As most of you know I have signed up for NaNoWriMo this year (user name Samsiren), which starts... oh, crap. Today! So from here on out I'm on a mission to write a 50,000 word novel. Woohoo. On the plus side it kind of ties in nicely with my creative writing course, as I'm working on building believable characters, so good timing!

I also joined Good Reads (user name Sam C), and am building my library and sorting out a reading list. I like having books recommended to me and this site seems to be the best place for it! yeay! More books! haha.

Finally - it's Halloween. I love Halloween, it's no secret, but this year I opted to not have a party, as it usually costs about £200 and I figured it would be nice to save my money. So instead I've been watching french horror films - I've watched Martyrs, switchblade romance, Inside and a couple of non french ones - being trick r treat and gingersnaps.

I can honestly say the worst out of the bunch was Inside. It was horrible. I couldn't watch most of it - and I love horror and gore. It was just awful, but brilliant!
As for martyrs - it was great. My boyfriend thought it was horrowing, but I just thought it was a great story, and such a rollercoaster. The story chopped and changed about 3 times and you never knew how it was going to end. In the end it was awful but great!

Switchblade was a film of suspense and had a huge twist at the end that I just didn't see coming, did anyone else, if you've seen it?

Trick r Treat was a fun horror movie - it was a classic and really cool. It wasn't scary really but it was entertaining, and creepy. And gingersnaps is just an amazing werewolf movie - the actresses who played the lead characters were great too and it was a canadian film, which you just don't tend to see that much.

So, hope everyone's halloweens were great! Let me know what you got up to!

Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...