Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wordy words

Another wordy blog. I haven't blogged for a time. Probably only a week but it feels like longer! Ho hum!

I've been diddling on with my Open Uni work and really enjoying it. The creative writing side is fun, learning little tricks and exercises to help keep me writing. I didn't realise it, but blogging is probably a really good exercise for my writing - I just write what I'm thinking, but it's good practise just to keep the mind and the hands moving, right? :)
English Lit course is so far so good - we've only just started this week, and I've been reading Othello, and learning about the play and the meaning of the text etc. It's very interesting and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would be. I mean, I don't understand what's going on really, but when I read I can kind of get the general gist of it, which is better than nothing!

Other than that I haven't been up to much. I haven't been working this week so it's been nice to have yet another week to just relax and ponder my new life as a writer/ literature understander-er.
I've also bought some new clothes. Now, to you, that might not mean much, but to me it does! I'm the worst person for buying clothes. I pick things up and by the time I get to the till I change my mind and put it all back because I just don't like it anymore. If I don't buy what I want in the space of 10 seconds I have second thoughts and put it back. But when I DO buy stuff, it's stuff I really like. I've always been like that, not just about clothes, but anything I buy. I don't mince around when I want something, and when I have it I keep it forever. I keep telling my boyfriend he should count himself lucky I didn't put him back on the shelf after a week! I jest, of course!

Anywho, the clothes I bought are a UK 14, which is nice. I always thought I'd be happy in a comfortable size 14, and I am. But... like most women who have something, we always want the next model up. So I'm kind of almost aiming to get down to a 12, but not really going to put a lot of effort into it. I'm at a point now where if it happens, it happens. I'm so zen! ha.

I'm off to a gig tomorrow night - my boyfriends uncle, who was in a band in the 80's and still gigs on his own is having a gig in Manchester. So, of course, we're on the guest list. It should be nice, I've not seen him since Christmas and he's lovely!

I'd best be off, I have many a thing to do this afternoon before I hit the gym for some Zumba!

toodles! :)

Sam

1 comments:

Helena said...

You remind me of me at that age. Shopping is a nightmare for me. Too heavy up top and the waist is baggy! Ah, well......enjoy your gig!xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...