Wednesday 4 May 2011

May the Fourth be with you

I don't know about you, but just saying that makes me feel like I have a speech impediment.

Everyone is raving on about how its 'Starwars Day'... honestly, the excuses people come up with to have a party.

It's Bank Holiday, WOO!
It's Another Bank Holiday, WOO!
It's the Royal Wedding, WOO!
It's the day Bin Laden died, WOO!
It's StarWars day, WOO!

Why can't people just simmer down and accept the fact that the cynical folk in the world don't need an excuse to celebrate!? We celebrate every day. In our own way.

It's another day just like yesterday, Woo!

I joke of course. I love that people celebrate and find any excuse to do it. I am the happiest cynic I know. I'm the Bi-Polar of cynicism. I don't get enthused when everyone else does, but then when I'm around those who are unenthusiastic I jump up and down and wonder why they can't enjoy themselves like me!

Still, I'd rather be the Bi-Polar of cynicism than Charlie Sheen's version of Bi-Winning. What does that even mean? Bi-winning sounds like he is a bisexual who gets a lot of action... you know what I mean?! Totes!

I must dash. I should be reading stuff for Uni, as per usual. But I'm making soup too... soup comes first. I'm terribly hungry. Tom Soup for the win!

Sam

2 comments:

Helena said...

I'd Woop for the soup! A good bowl of anything un-mulligatawny and I'm in there!

Dynamic Deborah said...

I CONSTANTLY give my English cousins grief for having a "bank holiday" almost every other week. It's definitely more out of jealousy. Try and feign happiness that you don't reside in the USA where we rarely get holidays and most people work on those holidays anyway.
I completely understand your "Bi-Polar enthusiasm" as I experience the same phenomenon. I believe that people who are happy all the time are not only obnoxious but fake as well.
I should send u this clip by Canape, the director of Paris, who describes the same thing.
Like u, I also suffer from what I call "Porky Pig Syndrome" and stumble over my words constantly, which often makes people stare at me as though I have some impediment--not good when when I used to work as a Nurse.
I find that writing is a release and that gorgeous delete button aids me in fumbling & slaughtering the English language.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...