Thursday 25 November 2010

NaNoWriMo

Phoo!
Next year I really want to take part in National Novel Writing Month - which runs throughout November, and the challenge is to write 50,000 words (I think its 50,000...). Just for the personal challenge. I never think I'll be able to do it, so I never try, but now it's the end of November (almost.. I don't think I'd have a cat in hells chance of catching up now!), I have decided that I should try. I mean, why not?? If I do it, I have written a 'novel' (I'm sure it wouldn't be novel standards, but novel in length!), if I haven't, well, then for effs sake, I've started one (or, another one). Which is good enough.
Right now it's Thanksgiving in America, and I hope all in America have a great day and eat the crap out of everything that's on the table! I wish we had Thanksgiving here in the UK... Unfortunately we have a whole MONTH (Jesus, that's close), until Christmas day.
Christmas... sh!t. I, as ALWAYS, had the great idea to buy everyone's presents for the happy holiday months in advance. And as ALWAYS, I haven't. Why do I do this to myself?? I have to start thinking level headily now. Because I have many Internet purchases to make, and if I don't make them now I will get lost in the strikes that I am sure the postal services will be enforcing during the most busiest time of the year. Because people are sweet like that.
Black Friday shopping has begun, but I can't help but feel like my one stop shop, go to place - a place I would shop for everything (and do), has let me down. Amazon's black Friday has been somewhat... disappointing. I loved the idea. Kind of like an auction. In theory I say 'yes yes yes', in reality I say 'what? Are you kidding me?'. I can't really explain why its no good, it just isn't any good! Blargh! I'm too annoyed with them to go into it. Amazon, my womanly, and manly Internet shopping lover, why do you do these things to me? (wow, that was strange)
Well, I must go to sleep. I stupidly ate my peanut butter M&M's which I had been saving for over a month - and now feel both sick, and annoyed that I couldn't save them for longer. Moment of weakness. Some people find joy in eating chocolate. I find joy in buying it and not eating - thus proving I AM THE BEST SAVER OF THINGS IN THE WORLD!
Sit on that!
Sam

3 comments:

MD said...

I love Amazon, everyone's being mean to them.

Black Friday was a disappointment though, i went through a lOt of Nah, no thanks.

That's all. I don't think I think 50,000 words in a month any more...

Wafi Wan said...

i think u r creative.
with colourful words..keep it!

Helena said...

I've done a hurried shop this year. Snow on the f*****g ground for 6 weeks now. As a winter chic, I'm actually looking forward to spring!!

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas, Sam.......XxX

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...