Monday 15 November 2010

The Deathly Hallows - what they are and how to find them.

OK
I'm not going to tell you what the Deathly Hallows are OR where to find them, as I believe Voldemort would kill me without hesitation if I even uttered the words, but I AM very excited about the films' release!
I love Harry Potter! It's just one of those things that you hate to admit, because it causes people to either rejoice with you - thus annoying me because I hate it when people show interest in the things I like - or else causes people to roll their eyes in an 'I don't get it' kind of way - which annoys me because Harry Potter is amazing and people should just read it and love it. I'm a very complex person!
The books are SO different from the films, and I love that. I like the books in a different way than I like the films (did that sentence even make sense?). The books create such a magical universe, which is brilliant on many levels. The characters are cool - even the bad ones - and you can really get sucked into it. Everyone has their own opinions of who is bad and good etc. which makes for good debates with friends!

The films are mental. Just because they have made up a completely different universe from the books. The characters are totally different, the story lines lead to different conclusions. But in it's own way that's the joy of the films. It's a new avenue of the street of Harry Potter. Plus, Ron, aka Rupert Grint, is just amazing!
Like I said, I'm just thuper exthited to thee the film. (that was my inner nerd talking).

I think if I had to write an essay on Harry Potter I would do a wonderful job (... actually, no, I probably wouldn't.). As it happens, the essay I wrote the other day WASN'T on HP. Sadly. It was on Cleopatra and Christopher Marlowe - their reputations etc. It went OK. I got my grade back the other day and feedback from my tutor. He actually highlighted an entire passage I wrote and asked if I had wrote it, saying it was different from the rest of my work and if it was from a book I should reference it correctly! I emailed him to tell him I wrote the whole thing myself (how rude) and he apologised and said I had done a great job on that section and he upped my grade. Good times. I was miffed, but still - it's kind of nice to think something I wrote was considered something that may have been in a book! Go me!

I had to stop writing this part way through to watch Gilmore Girls. I'm glad my study days are broken up by TV moments. Not distracting at all!


Sam
STARBUCKS EGGNOGG LATTES THIS MONTH: 3

3 comments:

Braden Matt said...

Going to see it tonight!! Thanks for not sthpoiling it for me. :) And you've been such a good sales person that I might just go out and buy the collection of books to entertain myself for a bit. I need a new dose of inspiration and I'm sure I'll find it within these books. Plus, I want to start writing my own short stories and illustrating the for online purposes. Maybe even a little animation in there somewhere if I ever figure it out.

Cheers!!!!

Helena said...

Oi, missus - keep your Harry Potter appreciation up. I read all the books to the kids and will keep on doing so....alright, they're 21 and 17 now but that's no excuse...!!

lol.....what a bloody cheek your tutor had! I'd have taped that apology, got it in writing....! My son was doing an article at his uni on entrepreneurs and made this whole lot of shite up as he was late in returning it and it was chosen for discussion...! I guess the uni fart-fairy was on his side with that one....! He insists it was a load of crap...! hey-hoe!

Scumbag Sam said...

Matt you should Definitely go and buy the books, they are an easy read, and inspire some great visuals, which I am sure you could do loads with! The books are amazing! :P So excited if you do the stories and animation!

Lena, I agree, sometimes the fart-fairies are smiling down on the bullshitting students and giving them a little bit of good luck! hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...