Monday 8 November 2010

Fashion?

What's that?
It seems like everyone is blogging about fashion or baking right about now (even me... kind of, as I haven't started my baking blog yet...). I'm sure its been going on a while, but I never really noticed it. Now it seems you can't get away from it. There are 12 year olds' blogging from the front lines of Paris fashion week, and 21 year olds' blogging about their new lines whilst they simultaneously DJ at underground London clubs and sport over sized dresses and mussed up hair in a way no other human being could, and get away with it. Oh it's a strange world we live in.

I don't dislike this age of fashion which consumes the Internet. I love it. But here I sit, flicking through my ASOS magazine, reading about all of these people, and its like I'm on the outside looking in. Fashion is so exclusive - it's kind of like being at school again. I'm the girl who buzzes from one social group to the next, never really being a part of one singular one, and everyone else seems to be developing 'style'. What is this 'style' and where do I get it? How come some people just ooze confidence and glamour, even when looking like a penniless paupers in hand me down clothes?!

I don't know. I might dream of looking elegant, glamorous or street savvy like this:



But this is my true reality... and I don't think there is anything wrong with it!

So, I wear converse almost every day, hide riding boots under my jeans because they keep my feet warm AND dry in the winter and wear stripy tops and eat massive burgers (note: this picture was taken before my vegetarian ways kicked in. hehe (oh my God that burger looks SO good.)), surely that's OK? I'd like to think so.

Sorry for the random bloggage - just felt I needed to get it out of my system and I was getting annoyed with ASOS magazine for throwing stylish kids in my face. Well, they can eff off. HA!

Sam

2 comments:

Helena said...

Hey girl - there ain't nowt wrong converse or stripy tops. I used to wear the kids' converse cast-offs until their feet got too big. And riding boots.....a must!

Today's fashion is vast but to be honest some must get up REAL early to pass the look off!

I quite like the 80's retro stuff for a look. Should have kept the bloody clothes from the first time round...!

ps......not that I could get into them these days......!

Scumbag Sam said...

I know - converse are the only shoes my feet really likes, even though I wish I could wear heels more! boo!
I love 80's stuff too, and I love the whole 40's/ 50's vibe, but so hard to actually wear the stuff! I say lets all bring back punk 80's looks!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...