Thursday 15 January 2009

Peices of moi

Yo!
I had a thought. I was going to write down a list of the things I wanted to blog about if and when they popped into my little noggin. Thus, making it easier to blog about interesting-er things, because I wouldn't have forgotten what I was blogging about in the middle of the blog, making it non essential to every ones viewings. Good idea, right? Apart from the fact that I forgot to do it. HA! My brain gazumped me again! Good for you brain, because if I had done the list, I wouldn't have been able to fit all of the things I NOW want to blog about, in a blog, that isn't so long that people get bored half way through and stop reading! In ... my face?! Quite rightly so.
On with the blog.

I never have time these days, it seems, to read all the blogs I subscribe to - so I have to (and I hate to do it) prioritise. I won't say which blogs I make sure I read (but if you are reading this, you can bet your bottom dollar you are one of 'em), but I do have to cut some out. Me being me though, I can never delete people I watch, for fear of missing something fun. :) Alas, this whole debacle with not having time means I hardly have time to blog no mo' either! Rubbish. Please know, I am here, I am waiting... wait, no... Sorry Optimus Prime, I totally stole your line then! Forgive me? (**insert gratuitous picture of the amazing OP here**)

Still, I will always come here, everyday if I have my computer, to catch up. Its amazing how a website can insert itself into your life that way. Now, however, I can read blogs easier AND post pictures onto my blog whilst I am "in motion" - that's right ladies and gentlemen, SAM HAS A NEW PHONE!

"How did it come about?", I hear you ask. Well, truth be told, I have needed a new phone for a while now. I am a bit of a phone weirdo. I like to have phones no one else has, and so far, in all my years of phonage, I have managed it. But, in these troubled times, everyone has every phone, and I don't know about you, but I find most phones out now are all the same. Its so hard finding a new phone that no one else has, and is in some way technologically better than anyone else's. My old phone was this:




Thats right - only TWO rows of buttons, it swivelled round and it was more or less the size of an MP3 player, in fact, my MP3 player is more the size of a phone... People thought it was cool - I was known for having this crazy mobile, that everyone thought was strange, and couldn't understand how to work it! My phone had the best self esteem a phone COULD have. Until now. Turn out the swivel thing has gone a bit loose. Which is annoying. Plus, my contract was due for renewal, so... I mean... As much as I hate being a phone thrower-away-er.... God, I feel awful. I got the Sony Ericsson C902 - that's right. I sold out. I got... the James Bond Phone. and its DAMN sexy. I feel so dirty, like I am cheating on my phone, but... I love it. And, like I said. I can blog from it, and post pictures on my blog from it. Plus, it has that nifty 'guess the tune' thing on it, where it tells you what song is playing... AHHH! Never dumb-founded by a song again! Score!




I am thinking of testing it out soon - I haven't set the phone up yet. No - I decided not to go to my cardio kick class tonight, just so I could play with it... (I also had a bad headache.. not being totally lazy!). As said before, I wanted to learn the piano. So, last Saturday, I got out my keyboard - full size, no skimping with the musical instruments in my house! And I started. I am only learning by ear at the moment, as I don't really read music, and I want to get a music teacher, so I don't want to start properly yet, but I pretty much have 2 songs down! maybe even three... I think I might be musically inclined. Its nice to know I am slightly good at something! I might have to see if I play something on the keyboard, my new phone will tell what it is. Maybe!


Speaking of being good at things, anyway, I was told by a colleague/ good friend, that there is a few jobs going at a Games company near to where we live. A junior artist - this company makes major games that everyone knows and loves and plays. She is tempted to go for it, and she told me she thinks I should too. Its too irresistible to pass up, but I am plagued by thoughts of not being good enough. I am not a bad drawer, but I have no experience of doing anything like what I think I would be doing. The description is this:


"We are looking for junior artists who show a creative spark, and strong natural artistic ability. Maya experience would be desirable, but is not essential."


Now. I am assuming that on job training would be given, I would take a pay cut from my current job, no doubt, but I might be happier. I hate my job. Its not worth the stress. I feel I have too much responsibility - I set up pensions for people, and its a high stress thing, I have to tell you. You get one thing wrong and you can screw someones pension up completely. I don't want to do that. I have, but I really don't want to do it anymore. Its not me, I am not an office girl, I am, in heart and soul, at least; an artist. I might just scrape some examples of my artwork together and send it off with my CV and see what happens. Scary stuff. I am still holding out on working as a photographer some day, but I feel this place would open a lot of doors for me in a lot of ways.






Moving on to funner, brighter things. I went to see Australia last night - and ladies... my my my, Hugh Jackman should be available on prescription.. Sure to make you feel better. He is just dreamy... check out his killer arms in this film! (sorry guys, look away now)


Yep... *sigh*


Its a brilliant film, if long - the little kid in it steals the show though. Its truly a great film, not too romantic, some good action, good fighting - an all rounder if you ask me. Baz Lurhman does it again!


Thats all I have for now,


This has been a Sam-Blog, thanks for reading! :P


Sam

2 comments:

MD said...

reverse comments:

Hugh Jackman is gorgeous. Utterly divine.

Good for you on a new phone, but Sony? Oh dear.

And I can't believe you follow when you don't read. You don't love me any more. Or any of us. Huh!

Scumbag Sam said...

haha, I too, will reply in reverse... of me, not you!
Hugh Jackman... grrrrr!! teehee

I know, Sony, but... its so pretty, kind of, and it was free!! :P

and I DO follow you - trust me! I always read YOUR blogs, I could never abandon you - I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! haha :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...