Saturday 24 January 2009

Once

Once...
Tonight I watched a Brilliant film called Once - It's a tale of 2 people in Dublin, the guy is a street busker - with amazing songs. The girl is a working immigrant, who listens to him on the street and forms a friendship with him, helping him write his music, sing his songs, and pretty much sort out his life along the way. Like I say -Brilliant.
I had never heard of it until my friend told me about it. I had heard the soundtrack (the songs are classic; very Damien Rice... beautiful melodies etc.), but tonight I finally saw the film and I highly recommend!
On the note of musical movies (pun not even intended, but I'll role with it!); I don't know if I already blogged about Across the Universe - but its worth checking out. I don't like The Beatles, and the characters sing the Beatles songs all the way through the film, but its still amazing! I find that the songs are more meaningful as they are being used to tell a story, rather than them just being thrust into the film for no reason... The only point I would make is don't judge the film by its first 5 minutes, get through the first song, *and awful fade in/out effects used*, and you will be pleasantly surprised by its heartwarming, and sometimes heartbreaking gleam.
Then again, I have been told I have awful taste in movies, so don't trust anything I say!
Have a good weekend all!
Sam
ps. sorry no pictures today, me too tired to find any!! :P

1 comments:

Braden Matt said...

Thanks so much for the comments. I haven't been keeping up with everything lately, but I will take your advice and check out that movie. That way I can really tell if you have bad taste in film.

Cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...