Saturday 3 January 2009

From both sides, now?

Yes!
That's right. I HAVE looked at clouds from both sides now. Just thought I would randomly share that with you!
Its 2009, like you didn't know, and I feel I should do the usual blog of what I learned in 2008 and what I am going to do about it in 2009, however, I hate doing all that crap, so I will make a long story shorter.

I don't really have any new year resolutions. Not really anyway. I tend to make up stupid ones. For instance, last year I was going to be funnier.
And I would like to think I was. I think this year I will be smarter and learn something new. I really want to learn the piano, so me thinks that's my aim. Also, jumping.

I know, I know, most people do this ALL the time. I think there is an almost factual statistic that at least 78.4% of families in Britain have a MASSIVE trampoline in their back garden. Of course, it helps if the owners of such a thing have children under the age of 12. I don't fit into that category, sadly. I neither have a child, or have parents who would buy a trampoline for me to jump on and thus, entering me into the world of the trampoline statistic society (the T.S.S, if you will). And SO - upon much consideration and deliberation I have decided I am going to start jumping on my bed. I am just hoping it won't break. Ach, oh well. If it does, it does.
(note to self: stress less this year too....!)


I feel like my blog should also be going in a new direction for 2009. Its always about me me me. That's all I really know about. But since this new year is about learning, I might try to include some actual knowledgeable stuff in it. I don't know what yet though, so I have some thinking to do. Using my brain already. Go me! I also think I am going to set up my "other blog". I wanted it to be somewhere I expressed my artistic nature, so I might use it to put up my photography and maybe, if I ever finish the 3 paintings I have loitering in my room, post a picture of them. What joys! :D Well, I think that's all for now - I really hope everyone had a fantastic new year and Christmas etc. And got some cool stuff. I am feeling a little bitter about Christmas. Not from my point of view, but of other peoples point of view. The sad thing is, about 70% of my friends and family didn't know what they wanted for Christmas!!

Not in a:
''I don't care, I will honestly take whatever you give me and be happy about it''
Kinda way.
In a:
''Hmm I already have everything I could ever want, because I either buy it for myself, of get my parents to buy it for me''
Kinda way.


What is going on with the world? When did people start buying things just because they wanted them? Its so sad that we now live in this consumer civilisation. You want it, you buy it. Don't get me wrong, I buy things, but, when I was a kid, and even now, I always had/have things that I really want, but would never buy for myself. *sigh* What are we going to do about this?! Well??

TTFN!

Sam

6 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

I decided a couple of years ago to try and take photographs of me (and other person) jumping. as it gives you something to do instead of trying to fake smile in front of: the leaning tower of piza, a blackpool chip shop, a nice view.

Instead: try and jump and make a shape. but you need a quick hand on the shutter and co-ordination between taker and jumper as you end up with a lot of landing shots.

as well as funny looks from other tourists. but it's worth doing. i think it's still a good idea. though we got bored with it eventually. but as i hate having my photo taken i thought it was a good idea. and think it should be compulsary.

Might as well jump, as they say in that Van Halen song.

Scumbag Sam said...

My God, Man! You're right. Jumping shots are hilarious. I have a couple of my sister jumping off a bench in my village, oh how embarrased she was! Always fun to be BEHIND the camera at this point. I am going to take your advice and make it the mandatory picture of the year...!!!!!

MD said...

I want lots of things. I want a Mac. I want a BMW. I want a silk pillowcase. I don't have enough stuff.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

There's a place for people and it's not in photos. Ok, not quite true but jumping should be for jumping's sake.

I did witness two people today doing fake running, obviously playing Wii Fit. Best not done in front of a window looking out on to the street. We gawped. They laughed. We laughed. I wanted to take a photo. I didn't.

Christian H said...

On photomagraphs: My friends used to tell me off for taking pictures of locations and not people. I have tried taking pictures of people while I am taking pictures of locations, but I think my brother (the 'photogenic' one in the family) is getting sick of having all of these pictures of him. Meanwhile, jumping pictures are fun, but I prefer to see them in front of interesting things instead of seeing "albums of Sally-Ann jumping." It's a balance. I also try to get candids over poses.

On New Years Resolutions: Being funnier is actually an amazing resolution, especial when italicized and in another colour. It makes me think you belong in a Questionable Content comic. I don't know why. (Actually, a lot about your blog does.)

On cats licking themselves: Excellent.

Gareth said...

The last time I jumped on a bed I ended up going high and put a dent in the ceiling with my glorius flame haired noggin. Don't let that put you off though. It is massive amounts of fun. Knock yourself out kid.

Except, you know, not literally. Because that wouldn't be fun at all.

Scumbag Sam said...

taking pictures of people is something I do rather badly. Probably due to that fact that I take them when they are totally not ready. Plus, it turns out, not many people like to play the scenario game (when you tell someone a scenario and they have to act it out, facially, for the camera). Hmmmm. I am sure it will catch on eventually.

I am going to have to have a look at this Questionable Content. I hope that was a compliment. haha.

and, Gee, I applaud you. Hitting the ceiling with your head, to me, is the ultimate goal of the J.O.B (yeah I did it again - jumping on bed).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...