Thursday 31 May 2012

Farewell, 26.

Tomorrow it is my 27th birthday. At first I was a little bummed out. Not because it's my birthday! Heavens, no. I love birthday's... I mean, hello? Presents! Any excuse for presents in my eyes. And it's NOT the thought that counts. OK, it is, but psh!

I was bummed because I was still in the mindset that life is kind of getting away from me - I always get older and I think 'another year gone and what do I have to show for it?'

This year I'm kind of content with letting my 26th year pass by, and excited to enter into the 27th. It might sound stupid, but I realised only this morning that this year has been amazing for me. I have celebrated my 3rd year anniversary with my boyfriend, finished my 2nd year of uni, written a novel, for God's sake (though I still have my work cut out for me on that one) and decided what I'm doing with my life. I have the best friends - who, granted, I need to make more time in my life for because I'm useless at time management - and generally I feel like I'm finally where I need to be.

Still - I'm technically supposed to be an adult and how am I spending my birthday? Eating my face off with chinese food and watching as many Harry Potter films that I can fit into one viewing. Which will mostly be 2, as it's hard to get the 3rd one in and NOT fall asleep.. but this be Harry Potter weekend, and I'll pretend I'm still 17 and everything is OK.

Well - that's it from me. Now I have to continue living in hope of finishing Othello tonight whilst fitting in the baking of 2 cakes. My head is already pounding from the stress. Why do I do this to myself?

Sam

1 comments:

MD said...

Hello my dear

Clever old me read this yesterday and came back today to wish you bonne anniversaire, but you didn't write it yesterday so I've missed it :-(

Happy belated birthday, hope it was good :-)

If it helps, I've got another decade on you and feel positively geriatric. What probably doesn't help is pointing out that if you are now 27, you're in your 28th year. Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...