Monday 16 April 2012

It looks like I'm working... but I'm not

I just like to click click click on my keyboard so it looks like I'm working. In a second I'll stop typing and look out of my window thoughtfully, like I'm pondering something really important, because I should be writing an essay but I just can't get my head in the game.

This is my life. There isn't even anyone around to bust me on not doing this essay, just my Dad who is reading in the living room and not giving a damn about what I'm actually doing - which means I am just trying to fool myself. Jeez, I'm sad!

SO! Hello world! I haven't blogged for a while just because I've been busy and writing blogs is the last thing I should be doing at the moment. I am still doing uni work, which is getting really difficult, but mostly because my brain doesn't seem to be picking things up very well... oh well. I have decided next year I'm doing 2 courses which don't include exams at the end, which leads me to Children's Literature and Advanced Creative Writing. I'm not even joking when I say those courses are SO far up my street I might as well squat in their living rooms for the rest of forever.

Recently I've also been editing my novel - which is now printed and in an A4 folder with post-it's all over it saying which chapters start where, and soon it will be covered in red pen with edits and then I'll be back to the laptop implementing those edits. I am halfway (by which I mean 1%) into finding an agent I want to represent me when I get to the stage of wanting it published. It's not even a dream anymore. It's a reality. I know, it's hard work getting published etc, but I'm pretty set on doing it and I'm going to put in the hours and the work and I think having a positive attitude is a good thing here. I know I won't get the agent/publishing house of my choice, but that's just fine right now. I am going to go out there with a smile on my face and everything will work out.

What else have I been doing? Hmmm... spending too many hours and too much money on my Tumblr. So, I said I had set a new Tumblr up. It was for funsies because I was doing it anyway but it's kind of gotten going quite well. I was just making replica outfits of Zooey Deschanels ones in New Girl (her TV show), because I started watching in ages ago (I couldn't wait for it to come to UK TV, so I watch it another way...), and her style is one a lot of people, including me, love. So I started hunting around for things she was wearing. Then I posted them on my Tumblr (www.likezooey.tumblr.com) and now I have a largish following for me (nearing the 200 mark) and I spent about £30 buying a new layout to make it look all cute for people. It takes a looong time to get the outfits together, because I try to make them affordable and I, in no way, ever saw myself doing what I supposed is a 'fashion blog', but hey ho!

Recently I've noticed someone else started one...She calls hers 'dress like zooey'... I have been rather miffed lately, because it's almost identical to my own. I know this happens, but still...

OK, I've started ranting. Let's wrap this up so I can eat lunch and then attempt to start this essay properly.
So far this year I have read 20 books. I'm onto number 21 (well, almost finished).
I've been to the cinema 3 times in the past 7 days.
And none of my blogs about such things have been updated. So.... joy!

I am sorry I haven't been actively on here, reading your blogs and posting my own - it's just been the last thing on my mind - but I miss all my regular reads and I will catch up soon!

Sam
x

2 comments:

Helena said...

I've a positive feeling for your future too, Sam! Hard work really does pay off, Well done!

I'll pop over to your new Tumblr soon. My son's GF loves it and I may just even sign up for it.....! So look out for me there sometime. You never know! KUTGW!

L
X

MD said...

Aww, I just finished stropping as well.

Bad copy blogger. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...