Friday 27 April 2012

I'm glad I don't 'Shine' - and other thoughts on The Shining

Just watching The Shining. Wanted to do a quick blog. How is this little kid SO good at acting? How is this movie SO terrifying? I haven't gotten to the scary part yet (in my eyes this is the snowy maze scene), and don't think I will.... I'm going to have dreams of being chased... again... I always have dreams I'm being chased, but the ones tonight are going to be extra special!

Do YOU like the shining? Tell me your thoughts!

2 comments:

Gareth said...

Did you know Kubrick was a complete bastard to Shelley Duvall, and set a world record for retakes of one scene at 127 because he was convinced she was doing it all wrong? Still, he could get away with doing stuff like that because he was Stanley Kubrick. And his movies (Shining included) were usually great.

Scumbag Sam said...

Oh yeah - my fella told me all the stories as he's a massive fan of mr Kubrick and his wonderfully mental brain! I have to say I haven't seen many of his films, but The Shining is the only one I really like... he's just too... weird for me! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...