Thursday 31 March 2011

Cinema trips and DVD's

Weeeelllll. I think it is fair to say I am an avid cinema goer and film watcher. I'm not a film buff, as that would mean knowing a lot about films in general and some technical stuff. I am not one of those people. Sure, I'll waffle on to my boyfriend about themes and moods, and whether story lines and characters are convincing, whether I believed the actor when he delivered a certain line, but really I just do that for fun, because he listens to me and pretends what I am saying makes sense. He actually knows his shi... stuff. He studied film at Uni. (jealous). No. I just really REALLY appreciate films. The Cinema is a place I know I can go and have an experience to remember. I might not remember exactly when I saw a film, but I almost always remember how I felt when I saw it, and for some reason, where i was sitting in the theatre. I hate going and the cinema being ruined by kids without parental supervision or people sitting in your seats (hello! they ask you where you want to sit for a reason, why did you chose to sit in the seat I specifically chose?!) or when people talk the whole way through a film (no need), but other than this I feel like the cinema is a home away from home. You can get food and drinks. The seats are comfy and if you go as often as me the people are familiar! I am the same with DVD's in a sense that I don't like to pevert the movie watching experience. I won't watch pirate DVD's. ever, if I can help it. Because I like the experience of looking at the case. Opening the case. Putting on a crystal clear picture that you know won't be ruined by someone in the screen standing up to go to the toilet. I suppose it helps I get free rentals, so I can experience BluRay for nothing, but still - If I had to pay I would! Nothing beats the pureness of a movie night. I just thought I would share that. I am going to attempt to blog a lot more in April. Some people I follow are doing a Blog Every Day in April (BEDA) but I doubt I'll do that, so I'm going to try to blog more little random things like this - and also try to up my cinema trips as I feel cineworld are making a pakcet from me at the moment. I pay a subscription and if I don't go at least twice in a month they win! Gah! Peace out homies! Ps. blog edit thing still not working, so I'm sorry!!!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...