Thursday 31 March 2011

INSERT HERE

Yo! It's been a little while since I last blogged, and I thought now was the right time to do it. Right when I have an assignment due - and should be editing. Meh. What can ya do?! I'm currently sat here... downloading something. Basically, I had Microsoft Word, but then lost it as it turns out I only had a stupid trial one on my laptop (part of the reason I bought this is because I needed Word). So I have been trying to find a torrent file for Word to download. I know. I know. Naughty Sam, but still... I refuse to pay for something that should just be free with computers! And have you seen the price? Jeez! Talking of money I just recently realised next years Uni course is going to cost me about £1400... yep. I am still a little baffled. But it's basically because I will be doing 2 courses at the same time, so I can do the 3rd year course I really want to do. Which I have changed... Oh its all going down over here! I was going to do some sort of History degree because I have this hugely huge passion to learn about ancient history and myths, but that meant doing a year studying Medieval history and the middle ages and all that jazz. I'm not really into that. At all. So I figured, screw this. I'll do history of film. which was something else I was interested in, as I ultimately want to do something in film at some point in my life. No... that course has disappeared. joy. So then I think. well, I'll do what I wanted to do a few years back, and now I'm buzzed about it. I can't wait to start, even though I am taking on double the work load. BUT, I will be doing English Lit. Studying Reading and Studying Literature and Creative writing... It might turn into too much, but oh well. It's what I wanted to do for a long time but didn't because I'm one of those people who doesn't want to do something they don't think they will succeed in because there is too much competition in the industry already... because in the 3rd year I want to do advanced creative writing. Basically what I'm saying is for the most part of my life I have wanted to write for a living. Not that I ever write anything. its a bit of a pipe dream. Because I don't believe I would ever be good enough to actually write anything for a living I have never tried. Much like why I gave up photography and pretty much everything I really wanted to do. I don't want to fail... but I am going to give this a go. Once and for all. In other news... hmm... let me think. I can't really remember what I have been up to. I work in a Pensions company so work has actually been manic, with my work load almost tripling in size as its the end of the tax year tomorrow and we have new legislation coming in next week which means people are scurrying to get money and forms in to us asap. Which means everyone thinks their cases are more urgent than everyone Else's. So I've been stressed out of my mind for the past month, but work is work. Horrible! :P And in OTHER news, it's me and my boyfriends 2 year anniversary next Tuesday so we are treating ourselves to a movie at the IMAX in Manchester. We got premier seats to see Sucker Punch. really excited! Been watching loads of films recently as we are going to be writing a screen play soon - horror genre, of course - so researching horror films. But I have to say, this weekend I HAVE to watch a movie with a happy ending. I love horror films, but for God's sake, I can't watch a film where everyone dies for a while. It's starting to depress me! haha. Right, best get cracking with the assignment. Curses. Sam ps. I couldn't edit this post due to stupid blogger systems. So you must read it as is. Apologies! :)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...