Thursday 17 March 2011

Today isn't really a good day

So.

Today isn't the best day really. A year ago today my boyfriends mum died. I can't believe it has been a year already. It's scary how fast the time goes. And it's sad how people die.

One of my friends friends died recently in a plane crash. He was the pilot, and the plane flipped - I didn't know him, but god damn it, you really never know when its going to happen.

I guess that's why I figure you might as well not get bogged down in anything too much - why bother stressing about stuff? What's the point? We should just be enjoying our lives as much as possible. Easier said than done, I know. But I do try to not stress. It's hard when you have SO much work on at work and literally not enough hours in the day to get it all done. But stressing doesn't make anything better.

I have to say, I was stressed yesterday, or rather utterly and totally pissed off with a lot of people. I made a comment on Facebook about how I don't like watching gay guys kiss on TV shows. I don't like it when they lez up a couple of girls in TV shows either. Mostly because I don't like watching obviously straight people awkwardly kiss... but also because its just not my cup of tea. Well, lots of people decided it was up to them to 'put me right'. I was told I was living in another era, and basically made to look like I hate gay people... yeah... OK - because one of my best friends in the world is gay. So I must secretly hate her... hmmm... I don't think so.

Today I have decided that they can all pretty much eff off , because I can say whatever I want, whenever I want if I want to. I would never say I hate people of different ethnicity's, because everyone is human. I would never say I hate certain types of people, because to be honest I just don't care if people are gay or straight. It's got nothing to do with me. But really - in this kind of world, where people are dying every day and life is shit - is it really worth making your 'friend' feel like shite for saying she doesn't like watching fictional characters turn gay just so TV shows appear 'current and hip'?

No. I didn't think so.

Rant over. I think...

Sam

1 comments:

Helena said...

Stuff them, Sam. As you say, life has more important issues than what is basically awkward for some.

I'm was a breast feeder and always made it to private rooms in shops and functions ect. I have seen some mums literally swinging their babies in parks and things - tits everywhere - when it is easier just to cradle the kid close to you. I quite simply didn't want to make anyone feel awkward about what isn't too common in society. We're all entitled to freedom of speech so we'll bloody well use it. So there!!!

Chin up, babes.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...