Tuesday 18 January 2011

a little less weight and a little more light

Ahhh!

How much do I love it when it stays light outside for longer?! VERY MUCH is the answer. The fact that I walked home at 4:30, when it is usually pretty dark, in sunshine, is saying something. It makes me happy inside to see it light and see blue sky when its after 4:30... because soon it will be light after 5, and then 6 etc. and then SUMMER is here. I can't wait for summer. So much so that I'm already daydreaming about picnics that will never happen, road trips I'll never take and barbecues which I will definitely inflict on some people!!! I love barbecues. As a vegetarian I feel I have really perfected it. As you can't get ill from Quorn not being cooked properly - all you do is heat it and you're done in about 6 or 7 minutes. I recall last year I had a BBQ with some friends. I had had a hot dog and a burger (with delish relish and salad), before they had even heated up their sausages. HA! Well, what can I say? Vegetarians know what they're doing, even in such a meaty situation. Ooooh, meaty situation. I don't think I will ever use those two words together again. That was just wrong!
Speaking of food and the title of my blog! I went to Slimming World tonight for my first week weigh in and I lost 5lbs. Which is pretty good for the first week, when I went out for dinner on Saturday and baked a damn good Victoria Sponge cake on Sunday. Mmmmm. I'm still reeling from how good it was. My baking is getting damn good!
So on to this next week. Who knows what I'll lose, but I'm optimistic, as I have control over what I'm eating, and know what's good, and what I can eat without putting on weight. It's simple. (famous last words).
I was having a little think earlier about my blog. Always trying to adapt and change it etc. And I was thinking I might merge all my blogging ideas into one. You see I wanted to do a review blog (but not a proper one, just a me, saying what I saw and how good it was/ wasn't), and a baking blog. But I really haven't been bothered to start them up properly so I might just inflict you with pictures and recipes perhaps (If I ever get around to it) and little blurbs on the films I see be they in the cinema or on DVD. I won't make them long. Just little bits of writing, as I hate reading people talk about films for pages and pages just to learn it was mediocre.
So yes.
Hope everyone who passes this way is well.

Sam
ps. don't you just love it when you hit spellcheck and there is nothing to correct?!


Picture of the day:
Oh to be in this picture!


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...