Wednesday 29 February 2012

Secret agent Sam


OK, now, when you listen to this song you have to replace EVERY 'man' with 'Sam'. You now have my theme tune in your head!

Basically, I'm the WORST person you want looking into your life. You see, I have this absolutely awful problem, it's an addiction, really - and I hate that the internet makes it so easy to do. At least if the internet didn't exist I could possible make this addiction into a really badly paid job.

What is this I'm talking about? Spying. Yes. I said it. I, Sam won't-say-my-last-name (but if you were like me you'd have already found it), am a spying fiend. (Also, don't worry, I don't spy on people I don't know... only people I DO know in the realz worldz).

I can't help myself. If a friend or slight acquaintance has a website, twitter account or the 'should be secret' Tumblr page, I'm going to find it. I don't want to, but I can't help myself.

Recently I learnt 3 of my friends have Tumblr's. I do too, but I like to keep mine private, as it's kind of like a blogging diary, where I don't WANT people I know to read it. I don't want people I know to read this (bar a few), and I get the internet is a nice place to publicly share in an anonymous way. BUT MY BRAIN DOES NOT COMPUTE. I found their Tumblrs within seconds. I couldn't help it, the internet makes it SO easy to find things. SO easy... and then I learn that someone I know, who I want to keep an eye on (but we're not friends) has a twitter account. Now, I can't follow her, as I don't want her to know I spy on her... soooo... I now just type in the twitter address for her page and I check up on what she's doing (it's a VERY long story, but basically it's both entertaining and necessary to watch her movements).

I would hate to think of anyone I know doing this to me but I really can't stop myself, I love snooping. I'm not a gossiping person outside of the internet. Yeah, with really close friends I'll have a bitch and moan, but I don't gossip at work and I try not to get involved if others are (kind of), and I don't gossip about any of my friends if I can help it, but on the internet I'm a magnet for information.

I wish they did internet rehab - they probably do it in China... I'll just sit on my hands and try not to do it as much, ok? Good!

Hope I didn't make you all paranoid!

Sam

2 comments:

Gareth said...

You can try all you like Sam. You'll never find the pictures of me and those farm animals.


I've said too much...

Scumbag Sam said...

Oh god, don't remind me. I already saw them, don't worry, I deleted them for you - no one should have those images burned into their retina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...