Tuesday 17 January 2012

Random updates and tings.

Because you should pronounce the word 'thing' as 'ting' as often as you can. Honestly, it makes you feel better and snazzes up ANY sentence!

So - a thing happened. It isn't a very exciting thing, but it's a thing that's now meaning my whole year is going to be slightly better.

I'm going to America next year. For a month or two.

Now, if you've been here a while, you might know I went for 3 months a few years ago. I plan on doing the same kind of thing but this time with my fella rather than friend, so it will be less drinking and more actually seeing fun things and having amazing fun times with my best friend. We were going to go to comic-con this year, but the money he is expecting through from a house sale probably won't be coming through until the summer maybe, but in any case we won't have enough time to plan a trip, so we've decided 2013 we are doing it. This means we can plan all year. It will be amazing. I know all the places I love in the US - Seattle, San Fran, San Diego, Vegas, Chicago, Boston, to name but a few, but this trip is for him. I want him to chose the places so that should be fun.

I won't be going back to work after this trip, so the plan is to get my ass into gear and write this book, edit and submit to publishing houses ASAP. I'm not really sure how this process works per say, but I'll figure it out. If there's one thing I'm good at it's figuring stuff out... hmm... maybe I don't. Damn. Any advice welcome!

On another slightly related note, but hopefully not related in any way, I've been watching that TV show - American Horror Story.
If you like dark, supernatural, quirky, horror- drama's you should give it a whirl. I'm not far into it, I'm only on ep 5, I think, but I'm already hooked. SO good, such good story telling. So I'm trying to slot that in with my Fringe/True Blood/ Vampire diaries watching schedule. Which sounds easy, but when you watch those things with someone you don't see often enough and you're on mostly different schdules it IS hard... still, I'm trying.

So - have you been to America? Know any cool places? I'm making a list of places to go/ see so american viewers let me know, and UK viewers, you can still let me know. K, thanks, bye!

Sam :P

3 comments:

Helena said...

America, eh? Good on, you! My daughter and hubby just returned from New York recently. The pictures were amazing!

I'm impressed with your devotion to your writing (visiting your new site later on tonight - not quite back to normal yet - after work!

I must say your film recommendations have not disappointed so far, so the AHS series sound another winner! It's a good 'ting you got good taste!

Scumbag Sam said...

hehe, thanks Lena, I like to think I have good taste :P

My devotion to writing is only slightly impaired by my devotion to laziness....

Kait said...

I watched the first two episodes of AHS, but then my boyfriend[at the time] didn't like it so I didn't continue with it. I think I'll try watching it again.

And if you plan on coming on over to the U.S. I would suggest visiting Providence or Newport, Rhode Island. I am a little biased because it is my home state, but it's truly beautiful. But alas, it's the smallest state so no one visits.

Boston is another of my favorite places. New York City is pretty awesome. Washington D.C. is gorgeous[unless you get to the wrong side of town].

I lived in Florida for ten years, but the only thing worth seeing there is Key West. Unless you wanted to visit Hogwarts at Universal Studios in Orlando[it's really cool, actually].

Wow, this comment has turned into a mini-blog. Sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...