Saturday 25 September 2010

Achoooo...!

Rarr!
Again, I have been struck down with a terrible illness - yes, you got it. The dreaded cold! It hit me - BANG - on Monday night. Monday day I was fine. In fact, you could say a picture of health, but when I got into bed that night I realised something was up. Grrr. I have been suffering ever since. No work. Cancelled all social appointments, which I hate doing, but inevitably always seem to have to do for stupid reasons! I swear, I am such a bad friend. My intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I always seem to be busy/ have double booked/ completely forgotten I should be meeting someone. I think its because I have several friendship groups, so I have to try to fit everyone in, and then manage to fit no one in. Like I said, rubbish. But that's not the point of this blog. Then again, I have never known what the point of this blog is, so its ok.
I am currently typing on my swish new laptop, which I love, but feel guilty using, as my old laptop is still upstairs on my desk - not knowing whats going on, or why I have kind of abandoned it recently. But, what can you do? I form attachments to inanimate objects and find it hard to let go, and move on. Curses. I think I will end up giving my Toshiba to my sister so she can look after it, and I can visit it from time to time. Yes. That sounds like a good plan.
Anyway, I was talking about my illness. Which is getting better, but I am currently in the last stages of the cold, which means its clinging on to me for dear life and making my life hell. I have asthma, and most of the time its completely fine. I get wheezy in the winter and need to use an inhaler when exercising but apart from that I generally have it under control. So this cold hits my chest when I have no inhaler as its just run out.... grrreat. I will now be wheezing and coughing and spluttering for the next day or two. Curses. Why hasn't anyone figured out how to make a cold go away in a day? That's what I want to know.
As I am to recover tonight, I am hoping I will be feeling a little bit better tomorrow as I am planning a cinema day to catch up on yet more films. Its not like I have spent the past week watching films on the movie channels... no... not me... :)
Anyway - hope everyone in the blogging land is well. I need to spend more time on here catching up with "stuff", and now my new laptop works, I might be able to... I am also going to part time next week at work for the next 9 months, as my Open Uni course starts on the 2nd Oct. Woo!
Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...