Saturday 20 September 2008

Tropic Blunder

Oh!
Alas, the makings of films these days, what with their obvious humour - anything to get a laugh.
I went to see Tropic Thunder with some pals yesterday, well, no. Thats not entirely true. I went to the cinema, in hopes that there would be a better film than Tropic Thunder to watch. As, as much as I like Ben Stiller, I don't like to watch his films on the big screen... I don't know why... anyway, back to the story. In we went, joining the queue to buy tickets. Upon standing and staring, we realised that there wasnt much on in the way of a good film (what with that at the moment?), and so it was a choice between Tropic Thunder, or one with Helen Hunt and Colin Firthzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - OOPS! I can't help but do that when I think of him... the blithering idiot!
Hmm, anywho, Tropic Thunder seemed like the right choice, I mean, I didn't feel like secret option number 3. chew your arm off and beat people to death with it, was a REAL option, as it was still quite early and there were children about. So in we went. And thats when the blunder began. Now, I myself, can laugh at a film for being stupidly bad. And I did. But it really did make me wonder why I had chosen to pay £7.50 to watch something that would be on DVD in a few months time for £3...... Obvious jokes, annoying cast (Tom Cruise, anyone? Filler? yeah), lambing it up for the camera with the same old routines and personas ... the only person who saved it was, and I hate to admit, Robert Downey Jnr. Racist publicity stunt aside, he was funny. He didn't over do it, and I am sure there was some ab-libbing in there that really saved the show. Bravo. Unlike Jack Blacks usual romping around half naked - which does less for the apetite than should be discussed.
All in all, I laughed - I yawned, but most importantly, I had some really good popcorn and a great nut roast for dinner. YEAY!
Keep it snappy.
Scum
Ps. I am so loving Yoga, I went to my first class today, and it was goood, only thing is, I almost feel asleep at the end, and spent the entire day feeling like I should have been asleep - I also stupidly bought more books. Oops.
Lesson of the day - You should always wake up feeling like you have just won the lottery - life is too short not too! Think about it.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...