Saturday 1 June 2013

Birthdays!

So, today is my 28th birthday. I'm up earlier than I would normally wake up on a weekend - but it was kind of intentional.

At first I was worried about getting older - 28 is the next step to 30 and 30 seems like the age no one wants to be... but of course everyone gets to! (Doh!) But I realised this morning, as I lay in bed with the curtains open and the sun streaming through my window, that 28 is actually a great age. For me, anyway.
I'm always trying to achieve more, be it physically, mentally or creatively and turning 28, much like when I turned 27, has actually made me feel a little more empowered.

Don't get me wrong - I still don't want to get older, but apparently nothing is stopping the time from moving forwards so... I'm happy to be here, now. I'm in between so many things. My 20's and 30's. The start and end of my degree, my heaviest and lightest weight, my indecisive work life and my eventual career. So right now I'm in a good mood.

I have loads I want to achieve in the next 5-10 years so this feels like a good place to write them down and share them with the world. Even if they never happen, at this point in my life I feel like they could.

I want to find an agent who will help me get published (queries already started so I'm on my way)
I want to film more - even if it's just stupid vlogs or unimportant videos, I just like to play with and edit footage and this year I'm being brave and just sticking it on the internet (www.youtube.com/scumbagsam)
I want to write/film a short film.
I want to make more music -not to sell or be a singer, but just for the creative outlet.
I want to move to Paris and live there for a few months.
I want to travel America again.
I want to progress in finding the balance between body and mind, health and fitness etc.

I feel like saying 'I want' all the time sounds selfish, but I guess if you don't want things for yourself, no one else is going to want them for you.

This turned into a bit of a silly thing - but anyway, I'll be back around here soon talking other stuff I'm sure!

Sam
x

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...