Monday 6 May 2013

Uh-oh!!

What is this? I've been absent... again? Oh dear. I'm honestly not doing it on purpose, except I am because I have been rather a busy bee.

I just wanted to drop a quick update on here because I'm trying to write an assignment and my favourite thing to do when writing assignments is to not do it!

So of late I've been working on my novel - still. I know. I know what you're thinking. How long does it take.  A WHILE. That's all I can say. I'm almost at last draft. My first three chapters are definitely done and ready for submitting to agents, but I'm working on a pesky synopsis which is probably the hardest part in my opinion. Seriously!

My other distractions have been many. Coming up to the end of this year of uni which means I have a screenplay to finish by the 16th and then an essay on children's literature to finish by the 23rd. All whilst trying to do other stuff, like just writing in general and making YouTube videos. Which I've been doing since Jan... I really enjoy editing them, and that's mostly why I make them. Editing is relaxing for me, I don't know why.

I'm sorry for not posting, I'm currently trying to clear my mental space so from June onwards I'm hoping to have more time to write over here. I am currently on a journey of self awareness. That sounds stupid when you put it like that, but I have been having problems with stress and anxiety. Not huge problems where I've had a breakdown or needed medical attention, just internal problems. I'm normally quite a 'chill' person, but I've been feeling wound up because of all the pressure I'm putting on myself to do certain things and I'm just trying to find ways to deal with that.

At the moment I'm on a positivity binge. I'm hoping to be more 'zen' in my day to day life and trying to incorporate positive thinking and whatnot into my brain. I might blog about that soon actually because I'm really finding some good things on the internet about being more aware and whatnot so... yeah.

I don't really think I have much more to say. I'm about to finish act 2 of my screenplay and then write my intro to the other thing I'm doing and then I'm going on a mammoth walk because the weather is sublime and I need to get out there!

Hope everyone is ok! Say Hi and tell me what you've been up to. I haven't managed to keep up with reading blogs either. I'll punish myself, don't worry!

Sam
x

1 comments:

Helena said...

Sam, I'm in awe of all you achieve. Your dedication is amazing.

My son's a video maker/editor too - mostly for his band - and often ups them on Youtube! Post us a link if there's any for public viewing, I enjoy art of all sorts!

ps.....remember to treat yourself in between all your hard work....♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...