Monday 7 January 2013

2013, some new things and some OLD things

So this is where I'm at right now. I'm trying to write an essay, so naturally I come here, to a place I've abandoned for a lifetime, to while away those moments where I should be writing educational stuff... about Peter Pan.

I love Peter Pan. The play, the film(s), but somehow trying to write about it makes me want to do anything else. I think it's because I find it so sad that writing about it makes me feel so miserable. Am I the only person that thinks it's heartbreaking? It's just the saddest children's book ever, in my opinion anyway!

So, that was my old thing. New things, because - HELLO! New Year. So, 2013. Hope everyone reading this had a good new year, and Christmas, of course. I had a great Christmas because I'm always spoilt to the point of sickness. I get so many presents I do feel bad, but you know, you give people lists of what you want not only does it make it easier on them and their shopping brains, but it also means you tend to get a lot of what you want/need. I always stop buying myself things in September-October in preperation for Christmas because I'm thoughful like that, and I also really like to wait for things. Not things like computers loading, or phones trying to figure out whether they are going to send/receive text messages, but material items and rewards. I'm a huge fan of rewards and working towards a goal and so Christmas, for me, is like this great goal where, if I'm good and don't spend money for a few months, I get rewarded with hundreds of books and DVD's.

"2013 resolutions" I hear you call. OK, OK. Steady on! I have a few you know and I'm trying to make it exciting. But it won't be because I harp on about the same old things all the time, but this year is actually my year. I don't know if you knew this, but I've had things in the pipeline for a long time and this year is the year I shoot all of this stuff out of the pipe and aim it at some pretty high targets like a gross wet ball of paper out of the end of an empty Bic pen thing.

I'm back working on novel number 1 (which was on the shelf as I was working on novel number 2) and I plan on getting letters out to agents for representation in March. I am making a list of my top 5 agents that I would love to work with and I'll go from there. I expect rejection, I expect hard work and feeling like crap and wondering if I can indeed carve out a career as an author, but I really do think that it's possible. There are so many authors out there, what's one more? Why can't it be me? Exactly. Dream big.

I am also working on music this year. I have been singing this old song for a long time (aahhaaa, pun intended, I know, I'm so witty) but I really am in music mode. I've been working on recordings and what not. Really rough stuff to learn the art of it. I'm using awful microphones and what not at the moment so things are really crud but this year I'm investing in some stuff and the boyfriend is helping as he's into production. I'm not wanting a career in music in any way shape or form, but I love it as a hobby just for myself but I do have some stuff in a secret place online... If you want to check it out please see it HERE.

Don't worry if you don't like it/think I'm crap. I don't really mind, I just wanted to have fun :P

In the meantime, I best be going. I have 2000 words to write and polish off for Thursday morning and I'm a whole 500 words into it. Joy.

Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...