Monday 18 June 2012

Summer Holidays!

I did it - the exam is over! Yes!!! I was going to blog about it last week but my brain has literally taken days to recover from the increased usage. It wasn't as bad as I thought, though, I keep telling people I think I did my best etc. Because I did do my best; I wrote everything I knew. I didn't forget anything I don't think. But I am one of those superstitious people and now I think I've kind of jinxed myself because I've been telling people I think I did OK, so I'll probably now fail and look like an ass.

Bah! Oh well. What can I do about it now, eh? Nothing!

So, now that exam is out of the way my 'summer holidays' have officially started. Kind of. Because I still have to go to work and I have had to ask for full time work again so I can get some money together. Humph. Hoping they take their time deciding if they will let me because then I can bask in this thing called 'spare time' and pursue what I think is called 'leisure activities'. I am starting to learn French today (my self-taught lessons will begin in the next hour or so) and I'm looking forward to getting edits and rewrites done of my novel. I'm also really looking forward to practising playing my guitar because I never have time any more so that's a bonus! Also - reading! Reading is back on the menu! And working out! All of these things I haven't had time for in the past few weeks due to revision!

Speaking of working out - I went on my first outdoor run in ages, and my first actual run or exercise of any type in the past 2 weeks (had to stop due to getting a cold, and thus wheezing a lot, and revising my ass off). What can I say? It was tough. 2 miles and I ran perhaps 1 mile of it on and off. But, in my defence it has turned out to be a hot day and I can't run in heat! I was actually praying for rain today!

In other unrelated news - my sister is getting the keys to her new house on Friday, which means I will be getting my own room. It's taken 25 years, but finally, I will have my own damn room in this house. I love sharing as me and my sister are actually best friends so it's fun (most of the time) but the idea of having a double bed, and a whole room to put my things in makes me so happy. I'm one of those 'loves to decorate' people, so I've been working on some room ideas and putting a collection together on Pinterest - redecorating is something I think I was born to do!

Right, best get on with French.

adieu!

Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...