Saturday 30 June 2012

End of June?

Where did this month go? It feels like only yesterday I was frolicking, rejoicing in my birthday bubble, but now it's almost July! Golly Gosh! (haha, "golly gosh", I am definitely bringing that one back!).

I feel bad for once again falling behind in my blogger subscriptions, because, you know, I actually love reading peoples blogs. It's kind of an addiction. But of late I've been very naughty in just not doing it.

I have been de-stressing after my exam, and then my sister had moved into her own place with her boyfriend, so I've been helping her decorate. Here's a fun fact about me. I love to paint rooms. I'm the only person I know who loves to paint and decorate. Everyone seems to find it boring...? I don't know why - it's physical and you can listen to music and dance and sing whilst you do it. It's probably one of the best things in the world. I think I could do it for a living - except I won't because I have other dreams/aspirations going on at the moment. But maybe if I never make it and never get published I'll do it! Look out world, I'm going to badly paint ALL of your rooms!

So, the excitement of my sisters new house was gazumped by the excitement of her also getting engaged - a very eventful month for her indeed. For me, her moving out means I get my own room. Yes. At 27 I finally get to have my own room. I do miss my younger sisters company (it's only been one night, but she's moved into the room next door), because we literally talk ALL the time. But getting a double bed and finally having the room to put all my things away; get all my books onto big bookshelves and just generally get privacy. With 3 siblings privacy is very hard to come by around here. I know what you're thinking. If you want privacy move out, but alas, life aint that simple kids!

In other news I have just spent a good sum of money paying for my next years Uni courses. I have Children's Literature lined up, as well as Advanced Creative Writing. These will be good things, I can feel it.

I'll keep you posted on the redecoration of my room because I'll no doubt be very excited once all my new furniture arrives and I'll have to tell the world (pst... that means YOU!)

Sam

2 comments:

Helena said...

I find decorating therapeutic. The boys haven't quite admired some colour schemes over the years but sod 'em.....I have to put up with a full drum kit residing at the bottom of MY bed, coz I've the biggest room!

ps....your future's looking rosy! Good on ya, girl!

Kait said...

Hey!

I'm back. Well kind of, but different. Haha. I started a book blog with my bestie. Come follow me!

http://yavixens.blogspot.com/

and just so you know, I still lurk on your blog. :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...