Tuesday 31 August 2010

What? August has gone where?

*GASP*
It's September tomorrow. School starts! Well, not for me (mine doesn't start until October), but its officially that time again. I love this time. Apart from I always feel restless and nervous around the start of September because its when we would go back to school and that thought still terrifies me to this day. Even though I haven't been at school in... well, longer than I care to mention, I still get that same feeling. But then its followed by the nice Autumn feeling, which is one of the best. Don't know what I'm talking about? Go outside and take a whiff of bonfire air! That's autumn feeling summed up in one smell!
I got all my open university books the other day. Can't remember if I blogged about that. Anyway, there is a box full of them, which scares me, but it should be good to learn. I kind of like learning. I think... I haven't learnt anything that meant actual text book learning in a while. And that's the part I worry about most. Because as much as I love to read, reading to learn is something that my brain can't (or refuses) to do. Still, we will see what happens.
I'm currently flicking through my Spotify music to try to find a song that I feel like listening to, but can't settle on anything. I don't know what mood I am in. Apart from I have a lot of energy today, so I should probably stop listening to sad slow songs. I will have to work off this energy with exercise me thinks. Boo.
Speaking of music, I have a lot of new soundtracks at the moment, because I have caught up (mostly) on all the films out at the moment, and have to then listen to the soundtracks because they are always (mostly) good. I love soundtracks and scores. LOVE them!
This bank holiday weekend I have seen 6 films. 1 last week (it still counts as this weekend!), 2 on Saturday and 3 yesterday. That's right. I finally did it. a 3 film day! at the cinema! I was impressed with myself! I saw:
Salt - which was good. Lots of action and the back story was OK. It was a good all-rounder really. Sure if you pick at it you could find things wrong, but who cares? really? I don't know why people pick films apart. Just enjoy them for what they are already! OK. Rant over.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - was really great, but I don't know why! It was mental. I couldn't figure out if it was real or not. Set in the real world I mean. It was funny, and loud and bright and stupid, but genius at the same time!
The Girl Who Played With Fire - was probably what you'd expect. Really good film - great story, great shots, looked fantastic, was acted really well. Swedish films are really good, and they are paving the way for European films at the moment. It angers me when the US have to re-make foreign stuff so they don't have to read... lazy! Honestly, watch this one (if you've seen or want to see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), because its brill!
Step Up 3D - yes, someone who likes foreign films can like these sorts of films! It was brilliant! the 3D was the best 3D I have seen so far, and the dancing was great. So what is the story wasn't technically 'the best' - Moose was back! Huzzah! Watch that little fella dance, so cheesy but still... He's my hero!
The Expendables - is actually good - it was a great action film, and those guys still have it if you ask me. I thought I would be bored. The boyfriend wanted to see it, so I went with him, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Lots of shooting, some good humour and predictable story line, but even so, its a winner in my book!
Avater: The Last Airbender - its one of those ones you have to really sit down and get into. Because I think if you didn't pay attention and just get into it, you wouldn't care about it. You would just think the acting is shoddy and its a kids film. But honestly, if you were to give it a chance you might be pleasantly surprised. The 3D isn't the selling point on this one, because it was only rendered after it was filmed, so its not the main focus, but the martial arts and the actual places it was filmed are amazing. Story is good if you get into it, even if childish, its a good escape from reality! Ain't that what we all need?
Jeez, didn't intend for this to be a review on films, but I guess it is.
I really have nothing more to say at the moment. Nope. I just thought about it and that's it.
Ciao for now!
Sam

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...